cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this p2p restriction affecting xbox live?

N/A

I was just wondering as ever since this has come into force I've been having problems with xbox liv - if there's a game with more than 8 players you can't hear some of them talk and on moto GP 3 you don't even see them race, as well as not hearing them. Then last night on burnout revenge I couldn't even join a game as it kept telling me I could not connect with other players.

Seeing as xbox live doesn't run off a main server, but you either join or host a game with other xbox players joining you, are plusnet seeing this traffic as P2P? Is this something that other people are experiencing too?
4 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

As far as I'm aware the shaping oh p2p shouldn't have an effect on xbox live.

Is your speed in general ok?
N/A

Everything else is fine (apart from the random BTw page), and I can host games with a few people in and it works fine, but as soon as the numbers grow, problems arise. As I said, xbox live has been working fine, and no problems at all until the past few weeks.

Its only because of the way xbox live handles traffic I thought plusnet might be seeing it wrongly as p2p traffic. If I play Black Hawk Down, which is hosted on the novalogic servers with up to 50 people playing I don't get a problem, but hosting a game and having more than 3-4 people I start running into problems.

My usual speed is fine and I've no complaints with that - a steady 2mb connection.
Community Veteran

Just a thought but could the upload speed have anything to do with it? Don't forget upload is only 256k
N/A

I don't think so - it has been working perfectly previously, and only in the past few weeks have problems arose. Nothing else about my connection or hardware has changed in this period.