cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this acceptable

N/A

Is this acceptable

So most of you had read my posts about the poor service around here. This is why.
As yet unresolved. No update (the last update only after I phoned them).
Completely un-edited apart from the names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Huh CSC Agent 5:01pm, Thursday 20th July 2006
Broadband Fault Checker - Initial checks [ Completed ]

All initial checks have been completed without finding any problems. Detailed checks must now be completed. Please ensure that all questions are completed within 48 hours, otherwise this Question will be automatically closed with no fault reported

Huh CSC Agent 5:05pm, Thursday 20th July 2006
Broadband Fault Checker - Detailed checks [ Completed ]

All questions have been completed by the user.

The customer has provided the following contact details for the duration of the fault.

Daytime telephone number: correct number

Evening telephone number: correct number

Email address: correct email

Additional contact info: any

Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ In progress ]

The tests on your broadband connection have now started. Please check this Question in about two hours to see the results of the tests.

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 5:16pm, Thursday 20th July 2006
Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]

All diagnostic checks have now finished.

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 5:16pm, Thursday 20th July 2006
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.

Huh CSC Agent 10:20am, Friday 21st July 2006
Dear Mr xxxx,
I am forwarding your query to the correct department.

Regards,
xxx

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 10:46am, Friday 21st July 2006
You will see that I have been a customer of yours for some years, and I have recommended you to friends, family, colleagues and even my own employers.

However, I have witnessed the gradual decline in your customer services over this period, to the point where now it is untenable. I certainly don't want to be held responsible for referring anyone else to you.

The wait on your telephone support line is rarely less than 20 minutes, which is unacceptable in itself. Recently it has been an hour or more.
Whilst I realise that it is possible to log calls online, this is not exactly easy to do when you are phoning to report a lack of connection. Also, it is clear to me that if you are prepared to wait in the queue, your call will be dealt with a lot quicker than if you log it online.

When I called at some point yesterday morning to log this fault, I was incensed by the fact that I had to leave a recorded message, but I did, as requested. Nobody, as yet, has returned this call.

After some hours of waiting for your call back, I drove to a friend's house and ran through your online check. Some hours later I had still heard nothing.

I finally bit the bullet and waited over an hour to speak to a person who logged this call. The upshot is that my fault, rather than being looked at early in the day, was not looked at until after 5PM.

I realise that you have lots of problems at the moment, and hence the increased lead times on dealing with support calls. However, you always seem to have some excuse for not dealing with calls - the truth is that you don't have enough people to deal with your customer base.

It's a shame, because when your service is working I find it very good: reliable and usually not too sluggish. If you did not have this going for you, I would have left long ago.

However, when something goes wrong it is near on impossible to get to speak to somebody and calls drag on for days.

Because of this, I will be terminating my contract if my connection is not active by tomorrow. I don't care whose problem it is, be it yours, Tiscalli's, BT's or God's. You are the people I pay, you are the people responsible for fixing it.

I would appreciate a response to this, but I suspect I won't get one. You could probably do with having one less client to look after.

Huh CSC Agent 7:58am, Saturday 22nd July 2006
[Internal]
Testing.
Regards,
xxx

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Huh CSC Agent 8:02am, Saturday 22nd July 2006
[Internal]
Adsl5/0/15 a8160u896i8a ALARM-PROFILE-1 2 Up Circuit in Sync No PPP Session ACCheesyE:00:00:A9:30
Regards,
xxxx

xxxx CSC Agent 8:03am, Saturday 22nd July 2006
Dear Mr xxx,
I have tested the line and it would indicate the line is in sync. As such we need to ensure your settings are correct for use with our new wholesale provider. Please follow the steps below, this will aid us in diagnosing the problem, please continue to "STEP 1"

STEP 1: The encapsulation should be set to VC based and not LLC. If the encapsulation is set to VC based, then please try connecting with the test login :-

username: testing@dslconnect.co.uk

password: testing

Please continue to "STEP 2" once you have done this.

STEP 2: Confirm the modem or router has accepted the username/password. A modem will generally show a connected icon onscreen after clicking dial. A router will require you to check the connection status under WAN or PPP (on the routers admin page). If you have confirmed this is connected continue to "STEP 3". If you could not connect or you weren't sure if it did connect please jump to "STEP 4"

STEP 3: If the test username has been confirmed as connected, try logging on again with your normal details and confirm you are connected as per "STEP 2". If your details do connect, try browsing to a website. If you cannot view a website (www.bbc.co.uk) jump to "STEP 5". If you were unable to connect to either username please continue to "STEP 4"

STEP 4: please reply to this question on our "help assistant" and advise at which step you could not continue along with any error messages you received.

STEP 5: As you can connect and cannot browse a website please try to disable any firewall software you have (for testing) and see if this helps. If this doesn't work please return to "STEP 4"

Regards,
xxx

Your comment 11:12am, Saturday 22nd July 2006
You obviously didn't pay any attention to my original fault report.
I have tried two routers and both fail to show a DSL or SYNC light.
My linksys router shows the status of the DSL connection within the admin pages, and it shows it as DOWN.
So quite how an alternate username and password is going to help me, I don't know.
Despite this. I have followed your advice (including checking the encapsulation) with no success.
I guess this pointless excercise has bought you a few hours before you need to progress the call though.

Huh CSC Agent 6:21pm, Saturday 22nd July 2006
I am forwarding your query for further advice.

[Internal]
Please investigate, action and/or advise as applicable.

Regards,
xxxx

xxx BOT - DSL Faults 2:49pm, Sunday 23rd July 2006
[internal]

Investigating further.

Regards,
xxx

?? BOT - DSL Faults 2:52pm, Sunday 23rd July 2006
Dear Mr xxx,
I have now raised this issue to our wholesale provider for further investigation.

Please ensure that your equipment is left plugged into the phone line and powered up for the duration of the fault.

Kind Regards,
xxxx

Your comment 3:00pm, Sunday 23rd July 2006
Supplier's fault reference number: UKHD00000333018

Your comment 11:15pm, Monday 24th July 2006
first of all, the above was NOT my comment. It was your own.
Secondly, it is meaningless to me in any case.
Could you please update my call with something useful.

Thanks ever so.

Your comment 2:12pm, Tuesday 25th July 2006
Don't make me call in. Please update the call.

Your comment 12:43pm, Wednesday 26th July 2006
You guys really are a joke.

Huh BOT - DSL Provisioning 10:49am, Thursday 27th July 2006
Dear Mr xxx,
Further tests show that you have the wrong settings in the connections section of your modem or router.You need to ensure that you have the correct modulation and encapsulation settings entered. These are PPPoA (not PPPoE) and VC Based (not LLC). Correcting these settings should fix this issue.

Regards,
xxx

Your comment 7:17pm, Thursday 27th July 2006
Have they now? (I'll ignore the fact that you already asked me to check this)
Well you must have changed them for me, because now BOTH of my routers get a sync light WITHOUT ME HAVING TO DO ANYTHING. That is one very advanced testing tool you have.
I don't know if it's you lot bullshi**ing me, or your supplier bullshi**ing you, but whatever has happened, the original fault is now cleared with absolutely no intervention from me.

Only problem is. I am now syncing at 189K down and 282K up, which is clearly rubbish.
How about you guys try and fix it before my cable gets installed at the weekend?

Thanks

Huh? CSC Agent 8:31pm, Thursday 27th July 2006
Dear Mr xxx,
I am forwarding your query for further advice.

[Internal]
Please investigate, action and/or advise as applicable.

Regards,
xxx

Your comment 2:05pm, Sunday 30th July 2006
Please provide an update on this call.

Your comment 8:17am, Monday 31st July 2006
Seeing as you clearly have no desire to fix this, I am willing to allow you to close it if you terminate my contract with immediate effect.

Regards

Your comment 5:59pm, Tuesday 1st August 2006
Are you just ignoring me now?