cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a joke

N/A

Is this a joke

Dear xxxxxx
There is no fault on the line. The order is not due to complete until tomorrow with BT. However BT's systems are showing that the order is delayed due to "No capacity at exchange". This means that there is not a spare ADSL connection at your local exchange and your order will be queued until one becomes available.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to speed this up and BT cannot give us a timescale as it is dependent on a connection becoming free which cannot obviously be planned.

We will advise you once BT are able to connect your ADSL and you will receive an email confirmation.

Regards,

Why was my order accepted if there is no capacity anybody been here before and how long does it normally take
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Is this a joke

Cockup on BT's part I'm afraid as thay have originally agreed to process the order from Plusnet without checking on exchange capacity.
What I do find very odd though is that you were posting earlier that you had line sync which to me says that you are connected to a DSLAM unit :?

Further clarification needed on this from Plusnet.
N/A

Is this a joke

yes am syncing at 1152 down and 288 up
Community Veteran

Is this a joke

I have flagged this up to the Comms team for them to investigate for you.
Something is not correct here :?
N/A

Is this a joke

Thanks for yr fast response also got these not quite sure what they mean
CSC Agent 8:43am, Sunday 3rd September 2006
[Internal]

Customer called for update on fault. EU has sync but is unable to connect to any test login. eCO is down ATM but actuate says order is not due complete until tomorrow however is also delayed with no capacity in exchange.

Please investigate - Thanks.

CSC Agent 8:51am, Sunday 3rd September 2006
INTERNAL

Cannot Woosh as Circuit ID doesn't exist. Need to check order in eCo when available.

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
LiamM
Grafter

Is this a joke

Looks like eCo, BT's system that ISPs use, is not available at the moment. They'll update the ticket when it's back i would imagine.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Is this a joke

Having said that Liam, BBCR reporting is working and that suggests as above: that the order is not due for completion until tommorrow and is in delay status due to capacity issues.

The fact that it is possible to obtain sync though does suggest something's amiss.

It will be possible to chase this at the end of business hours tommorrow once the order completion date has passed.

I'll get someone onto it then.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Is this a joke

Hi,

There isn't much we can do until tomorrow unfortunately, whilst the frame work may be complete (which is why you have sync with the exchange) the rest of the exchange work may not have been done yet to allow you to connect.

I'll check up on it tomorrow for you when BT expect the order to be completed.
N/A

Is this a joke

ok and thanks for yr help everyone
N/A

Is this a joke

is there any update please
LiamM
Grafter

Is this a joke

As Bob said yesterday, unfortunately there is little PlusNet can do to 'chase' this with BT until it's past the activation date.

If your activation date is today it is possible that everything will happen as planned at some point. Otherwise, PlusNet should be able to investigate further.
N/A

Is this a joke

hi just been connected someone must have flicked the switch at 12.00 :lol: Happy to report syncing 2144 down and 448 up Thanks everyone for their support plusnet have been very quick with their responses to me thanks again