cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to contact your BT Exchange Directly

N/A

Well the predicted upgrade date for my exchange is nearly two months ago so I guess the "rough guide" on the exchange checker is even more rough than I thought.

Is there no way customers can contact BT directly to find out what is going on? I have not submitted a ticket as I figured it would be a waste of time and I would probably just get a generic reply of just wait until it happens.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Yep, it is a total waste of time as the upgrades are being done by BT wholesale who won't speak to anyone other than the ISP's.
Community Veteran

I seem to have got mine now, judging by the results of the bandwidth tests I did today on the ADSL Guide site. The BT checker said the line was OK for up to 2MBps too. It was supposed to be done in July, so I suppose that's not too bad.

I wondered if BT were working on it last week, as the connection kept dropping on Thursday and Friday, so checked it out. Still dropped occasionally over the weekend.

D*mn! I'm going to have to think about running the connection directly from the main BT socket now instead of an extension lead off an upstairs socket unless I can get less crackle on the line by polishing all the connections on the filters etc. More expense for a further wireless connector, I think!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
N/A

There could be a way... Somewhat devious because it's via BT, not BTWholesale. If you're lucky it may work for you.

Phone 151, this is the number you ring to enquire about your phone line conditions. Select the option for broadband (I seem to remember there's one right at the beginning) and then ignore all the automated options until you get to a human being. Here's where luck comes into play: if you phone at the right moment and the stars are in your favour, the human being who answers might be willing to tell you whether your exchange has been upgraded and whether your line is up to the regrade or not...

If you end up talking to the Indian call centre, I suggest you try some other time.

Good luck Smiley
N/A

Well I tried it (probably a bad idea on a bank holiday monday) but didn't have any luck I will try again another day.

Thanks for your replies so far Cheesy
N/A

If the upgrade is so important, just pay the £15.

You will be wasting your time trying to contact your exchange unless you ask one of your fit female mates, to chat up a BT worker and get them to do a favour for her (WInk Wink Tongue )
N/A

Yes I have bit the bullet and paid my £15 for a regrade
N/A

Just to keep you informed I applied for a regrade on the 29th and was regraded by the 31st yes thats right in 2 days strange that regrades can be done so fast individually but bulk regrades are taking so long :/.

I think BT are taking the Piss
N/A

BT yet again, Ivan

Hi,

Anyone who has ever had to dealings with BT directly as part of their job or work will know how snail pace slow BT are at doing ANYTHING!! right!!. So frankly I think the £14.99 I paid some months ago to upgrade from 512K to 2MB to F9 Premier service was the best money I've spent in ages.

Its just boggles my mind just how much moaning, belly aching,etc,etc there has been on this one subject of so called free upgrades from BT. BT is a huge dinosaure of an organisation and its brain is so small that it has to think how to take its next step otherwise it would fall flat on its face. BT has a culture which hasnt changed much in years, the way I think of BT is that its like organised chaos they dont really seem to have much idea what an earth each part or dept is doing which is why its so aweful. How BT survives also boggles my mind (thats a hell of a lot of boggling going on I can tell you!! :roll: )

Ivan