cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyone on support?

magicofthemind
Dabbler

I'm not impressed with the 8 hour target time for answering tickets. I raised one at 7.45 am today and I'm still waiting for a response.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The reponse time a depends on what type of question you raise.

if it's a tech question then that dept work 24/7, if it's billing or something less tech then I think they only work Monday to Friday so the reponse will take longer, and your respone will not be anywhere near the 8hrs or less that the stats page reports as current turn around time.

It could be made clearer on the site that some type of questions may take longer as some dept's are not 24/7. It's not a large change to the site but if it's there for customers to see then less would get frustrated by the apparent 8hr target and actual turn around time.

Don't hold you hope's out on a response within 8hrs if it's not a tech question.

As the current help system takes you through the online process to help establish a resoloution if it picked up which dept your final unsolved query was sent to and told you the turn around time for THAT partcular dept.

A
magicofthemind
Dabbler

i got a reply from Tech Support after 16 hours. The person who replied had clearly not bothered to read my question, as I had given the precise problem and its solution.

Sorry, but I find the online help completely useless.
Community Veteran

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that the support you have received hasn't been very good, however please bear in mind that it's the weekend, so there will be a reduced function in the CSC.

Perhaps you might like to tell the community what the problem is - it would be also very helpful to post your ticket number in the thread.

That way, collectively *we* might be able to help you, and hopefully come to a successful resolution to your problem, and I might be able to bring it to the attention of the comms team.

KR

Roger.
magicofthemind
Dabbler

Thanks. The problem and its solution are clearly set out in this forum thread:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55150

There are several of us who have had this problem. In short, BT has upgraded my line to Max, but PlusNet hasn't.

My ticket number is 21703715
N/A

This gives me cause for thought and concern: I have recently (on 15th March) requested the upgrade and nothing appears to be happening despite a reminder to +net last Wednesday. Their response to that was that it would be actioned tomorrow (Thursday).

So like you, I too have been "Lost" for "24"or more, "Castaway" without trace!
magicofthemind
Dabbler

Just for the record - I replied to the unhelpful response on my ticket at 8.09 this morning. Not a sausage since.
Community Veteran

Mindmagic,

I have raised this to the Comms team just a few minutes ago, and all being well, someone should get back to you sometime soon.

Regards,

Roger.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

There are several of us who have had this problem. In short, BT has upgraded my line to Max, but PlusNet hasn't.

I've updated the speed profile, you'll need to disconnect and reconnect for the change I've made to take effect and you should then see an increase in speed.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

So like you, I too have been "Lost" for "24"or more, "Castaway" without trace!

Are there any "Heroes" here in "The Office"? Err... can't get a Colbert Report reference in. Anyone, the regrade was completed Friday morning and the account speed is set correctly our side.
magicofthemind
Dabbler

Thanks, Roger, Dave - much better!

IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5490 kbps
Community Veteran

Glad to be of help.

Looks like the speed throughput associated with the IP profile is what you should be expecting.

Sometimes the profiling needs a little nudge in the right direction - I changed from BB+ to PAYG and my profile at PN's end dropped to 2000 even though it was a 8128/448 sync and 7150 IP profile.

It's just one of those things I guess - the wonders of modern technology eh?

Anyway, don't thank me, thank Mr. Tomlinson at PN towers Wink

*Gets DT a party 7 *
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,

Just a quick update on this, we got a developer to fix the issue with the speed profile being reset to 2000 when you change account so this will now remain at whatever speed the current delta report for your line stipulates.

I'm sorry you didn't get a quick response to your ticket, but glad you now have it sorted. Smiley