cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any phone support?

theoule
Grafter

Just phoned support, to hear that they are busy, and to try later. No option of hanging on. Is this normal?
52 REPLIES
N/A

It is now and the tickets raised have also the same response, nothing.
N/A

Thats the usual these days no telephone support and logges calls are ignored.....the best bit uis when they say we are dealing with calls in 1 hour etc mine has only been just over a week now slightly more then 1 hour.
quartzsoft
Dabbler

When you click on the link that says "up to the minute customer stats", what you actually get is the figure for the best minute in the last 48+ hours!!

My recent ticket took over 72 hours to get any form of response (and that turned out to be a request for info that I had already supplied in an update the day before).

I suggest F9 provide actual data to show how these average closure times are calculated because judging by recent postings there must be a huge number of tickets that are closed almost instantly. For every ticket that is open for more than 24 hours there must be 23 closures in less than a second to get an average response of 1 hour. Just who do they think they are trying to kid.

My guess is that they count all the "internal" tickets that are rasied in these figures as well as those actually raised by customers. You can see just how many of these internal tickets there are by viewing all tickets for your account.
JonathanW
Grafter

The phone system has undergone some changes recently, the fact that it now advises you if we are extreamly busy and then drops the call is one of these changes. Its something that is going to take some getting used to, but in the long run it will most likely save you some money if you're not hanging on for long periods of time waiting to see an advisor. If you encounter this, then I'd suggest either checking the portal if you have a connection, or if you don't have a connection I'd advise calling back in a little while, at which point you should be able to get through.

As for the question stats on the portal, these are based on the total number of questions raised by customers through the portal and any questions raised internally that are created in an open status, so don't include any contacts made on your account when you call in. It is an average time, which means that there are tickets that take longer than this and also tickets that are closed in a shorter time.

Questions also depend on which team they are raised through to, as some teams are only able to answer questions at certain times of day, for example the Broadband Ops Team don't work at the weekends and generally finish at 6pm on a week day. This can lead to questions dealing with provisioning being delayed at these times.
SOS
Dabbler

No support.

I have tried contacting the support line again (both Business and Residential), still just a long message then a suggestion to call back later. When should one call, in 14days time when you have hopefully resolved all the other issues? If this is the case why not just tell people via the portal that the response time is 2 weeks, not a figure of just over an hour - my question was raised over 15 hours ago. Prior to moving to Force 9 I had used NTL, a major reason being the unreliable reporting of problems on their web site and not being able to get in touch (at least they did answer the phone even if it did take 45minutes). What should one do to get an answer/problem resolved?

The dropping of calls is not a cost saving if you are a business and waiting for a problem to be resolved - how much do you think it costs the average business per minute to have work delayed, or even the effort of keep stopping one thing to retry a call to yourselves.

Things don't look good when you are second best to NTL.

Would it not have been more sensible to make incremental changes, rather than many large changes in one go:-
1. Portal Modifications
2. Internet Connections
3. Telephone Support

Should we expect this to occur in future, or will Force 9 take action to ensure that there is no repeat of this fiasco? If they cannot I for one will be jumping ship, even if it cost me significantly more in monthly premiums.
quartzsoft
Dabbler

Does a service notice to reset broadband usage, or any other SN type ticket for that matter, count as a ticket in the stats?

If you do only count tickets raised by customers, or those raised internally in an open state, then I simply do not believe that you are able to generate an average closure time of 1 hour when so many users are reporting tickets open for many days at a time. Can you provide the actual figures and the method of calculation used for todays 'stunning' 1 hours average?

For those customers reading this who either currently have an open ticket or have recently had a ticket closed, would you be prepared to provide an indication of the time that it was open. Personally, I had to wait 90 hours for F9 support to actually attempt to resolve my ticket.
N/A

The phone system has undergone some changes recently, the fact that it now advises you if we are extreamly busy and then drops the call is one of these changes. Its something that is going to take some getting used to, but in the long run it will most likely save you some money if you're not hanging on for long periods of time waiting to see an advisor. If you encounter this, then I'd suggest either checking the portal if you have a connection, or if you don't have a connection I'd advise calling back in a little while, at which point you should be able to get through.

Well I can tell you now I have been trying to get through to support since 12th may on your portal and by telephone regarding my line being up and down all the time so means as I cant get hold of anyone on your portal or the phone your costing me money because my business is losing money for each minute I am disconnected what have you got to say about that ?
N/A

The phone system has undergone some changes recently, the fact that it now advises you if we are extreamly busy and then drops the call is one of these changes. Its something that is going to take some getting used to, but in the long run it will most likely save you some money if you're not hanging on for long periods of time waiting to see an advisor.

Now, for Joe Public using a BT line, to connect to the call centre in the first place will cost a minimum of 5p. To keep holding (after 6pm or weekends) will cost a further 1p per minute (not sure of the peak rates), so a 20 minute wait could cost you about 25p. Ring call centre, call dropped, ring call centre, call dropeed, see a pattern emerging here? It would only take 5 attempts for this wonderful new system to cost the customer much more. Judging by the comments seen here and in usenet, it is taking some people many more attempts than this.

I for one would prefer to be held in a queue than to be continually cut off because you won't invest in the right amount of staff at the right times of day.

Mark
SOS
Dabbler

Perhaps F9 could update the portal to advise people that they will be dropped, so saving the customer time and money (or do they receive an income from the incoming telephone calls).

Even better they could make it into one of those graphs to show us when is the best time to call and see how they are performing!
N/A

Hi, (RANT MODE!!)

YES!! another classic F9 own goal, implementing changes to the telephone system that benefits F9 PlusNet & NOT the customer again!!. Dropping a customer who is desperately trying to get some support for their service how is that benefitting the customer, sorry! I fail to see how thats offering good customer service. This is typical F9 with its brains uplugged? who dreams up this rubbish!!,

customer service its a sick joke & you can only laugh at it or cry?. F9 doesnt offer any customer service any more.

1) you cannot get through on the phone & then your call is dropped because they are so called busy? 2) a new ticketing system which someone answers when they feel like it or when they can be arsed too!!. Otherwise wade through the self help system or FAQ pages great!! if you dont have a connection?

**I just wonder what F9 will do next to completely alienate their customers because they are more than half way there IMO. :twisted: Customers ARE going to leave F9 at this rate, what an earth is F9 doing, wake up to the real needs of real customers?? F9 try removing your head & brains from between your own backside for once!!

**I'd rather speak to someone in India or Russia than have my call dropped by some goude aweful phone system in sheffield. Atleast you get through to india & russia?? :roll: :roll:

Ivan
N/A

Simple solution then when you call ask you do you mind staying in a queue if so please hang up now and call later.
What they are not saying is that they need more support staff and cant cope at the moment with all the MAXADSL upgrades going on they have no intention of recruiting any more support staff as temps or perm.
SOS
Dabbler

Does anyone have any ideas of an ISP that can be trusted for business use, this lot do not appear to be up to the job anymore (e-mails lost, e-mails late, poor technical support, unreliable service status)? No clever stuff required just e-mail, internet and a few static IP addresses (the fax2email would be nice also).
N/A

I can vouch for Star www.star.net.uk
I have used them for 5 years with my old empolyer, thier support is excellent never had a line go down for longer than a few hours and the fault has always been with BT they have a 99% SLA on business ADSL I am going to be migrating to them if I get get out of this contract or definately when it expires.
A 50:1 line is about the same price as the force9 30:1 line but the support more than make up for it and having an SLA gives you piece of mind.
The only reason I went with force9 is to get more bang for my buck..............well so I thought but now it is safe to say you get what you pay for.
JonathanW
Grafter

1) you cannot get through on the phone & then your call is dropped because they are so called busy?

I'm sure someone as involved with the community as yourself will remember the problems we've experienced in the past with the old phone system, where it got to the point of being extreamly busy and customers were just seeing an engaged tone when they attempted to contact the support team via telephone. At least with the new system customers know that we're busy, as the phone message will advise them of this, rather than just thinking that its all gone tits up when they hear an engaged tone.

2) a new ticketing system which someone answers when they feel like it or when they can be arsed too!!. Otherwise wade through the self help system or FAQ pages great!! if you dont have a connection?

If you can't get connected at all, then this is where the support line comes in. Yes, its busy at times, but this is being worked on. The current situation with the Max upgrades is exacerbating the situation, and hopefully once BT have sorted out the problems they've experienced with it things will settle down as far as the supprt centre is concerned.

As for the help assistant, this has been revamped in an attempt to make it more helpful for the customers, so that they can help themselves if they do have access to the internet, either through their own connection or through a connection somewhere else. There have been times recently where the turn around time on questions has been higher than we would like, but the support team have put in a big effort to get this back under control.

At the end of the day we've always been a self serve company, giving customers the power to control their accounts via the portal and also to help themselves through the site as well.