cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a problem with email redirection ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Is it just me having problems with email redirection ?.

I have check the 'Service Status' page - and nothing is mentioned, and I have phoned customer technical support - who were unable to replicate the problem - but 'refreshed' my account anyway, without any improvement (after 12 hours).

I have had my current email configuration of email mailboxes and redirects unaltered for around six months, but since late Saturday night (21-July) I have been unable to receive ANY email messages that are going via any F9 email redirect.

I have tried all the following (and ALL FAIL) :-

1) - email client > SMTP (F9 or external) > F9 redirect > external mailbox.

2) - F9 Webmail > F9 redirect > external mailbox.

3) - external Webmail > F9 redirect > external mailbox.

4) - normal incoming email > F9 redirect > external mailbox.

but the following STILL WORK :-

a) - email client > SMTP via F9 relay > external mailbox.

b) - F9 Webmail > external mailbox.

c) - external Webmail > F9 mailbox.

d) - email client > SMTP (F9 or external) > F9 mailbox.

In addition to the redirect issue, I have also noticed that since this problem started, that the typical 120 SPAM emails that accumulate daily in my default F9 mailbox are also missing, even though my F9 mailboxes appear to still be working correctly !

I am already expecting more than 200 wanted (and 250 unwanted) emails and don't know where they are going, as they are not being delivered, not being bounced, and not going to my default mailbox, so where are they ?

The F9 graphs for email storage on the servers is NOT showing and increase in accumulated messages - which you would expect if messages are being held for later delivery !

Any ideas ? and is it just my account ?
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There are no documented problems with our email at the moment, given that all your redirects go to an externally hosted domain have you checked with the current hosts that there are no issues there?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I am receiving email normally on my externally hosted domains when sent directly (i.e not via F9 redirects), and the fact that I can send messages from F9 Webmail (or use SMTP via F9 relay) directly to the external mailboxes (which are the destinations of my F9 redirects) - it proves (to me) that messages have connectivity from F9 servers to my external host.
In addition if there was an external problem, presumably I would be getting 'bounce' messages.

Yesterday afternoon I used my PC email client to forward a block of about 50 emails, using SMTP via F9 relay, to both and external mailbox AND to the same external mailbox via an F9 redirect, and only those messages sent directly have been received - although slowly due to F9 tar-pitting, but no error messages, no bounces, just nothing via F9 redirects.

In addition, if this were an external problem, then why have all the 110..120 SPAM daily messages that I ALWAYS receive in my default F9 mailbox also vanished ?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Looks like one of my colleagues has personal ownership of your ticket, he's finished for the day so I'll check with him tomorrow to see if he's been able to find the problem.