cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the stable rate being updated at the moment?

IanD
Grafter

I've now reached a new record low of 129 kbps!

I'll soon be faster on dial up. Getting very fed up of this MaxDSL lark and am now going to raise a ticket as my broadband is unusable at present.

Bulldog are doing LLU at my exchange - does thatgive me any hope for a faster connection?
32 REPLIES
daveyb
Grafter

Hi,

Does anyone know if the MSR (presumably this is what https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate is reporting) is being updated at the moment (ie. during BT's breathing space to resolve MaxADSL issues)?

When I was first MaxADSLed the MSR reported by PlusNet was 2000Kbps on a line sync of 2336Kbps.

Unfortunately, although my line sync stays at 2336Kbps for about 14 hours after each reconnection, it ends up varying between 2200Kbps and 2336Kbps and the MSR reported by PlusNet has therefore understandably ended up at 1500Kbps. I also presume that the MSR reported by PlusNet is what governors the actual download speed I get (ie. any line sync above 1728Kbps is "wasted" if PlusNet is reporting MSR as 1500Kbps)?

Since I now have a bank holiday weekend on my hands and I seemed tantalisingly close to getting 2Mbps I thought I'd plug the router into the test socket behind my NTE face-plate to see what would happen. Unfortunately, not a massive difference but it seems to have held line sync at 2400Kbps for 24 hours now. So I'm kinda hoping that the MSR would go up to 2Mbps.

However, whilst BT are playing with their problems, does anyone know whether delta reports are being generated? I presume if I can keep this line sync for 3+ days I should benefit from a higher MSR?

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks, David
Alecto
Grafter

Yes it is being updated.
Mine changed since yesterday from 4500 to 5500 (thanks to new Netgear Router a week ago).
daveyb
Grafter

Thanks Geoff - guess I'll wait and see how lucky I am then.

I've also just read some stuff posted by Bob Pullen and it seems that when I said MSR in my original post, I actually meant bRAS profile - sorry.
IanD
Grafter

Yes - mine has changed from 2000 to 500 Sad

Getting realy fed up of the constant changes in speed varying from about 300 to 1400 at best. Previous 1MB connection was much more reliable and faster overall.

Is LLU better than MaxDSL as this is totally unsatisfactory?
daveyb
Grafter

A further question if I may......

I've now found out that my DG834G can report more info then is shown through the web front end and consequently noticed that I'm getting something approaching 100 CRC errors an hour. Unfortunately, I don't have any context to form a view on this - is this low, normal or high?

It's also reporting an RX Error Count of 9725 based on RX PDU's of 9853123 and total RX bytes received of 3532993765. Again does anyone know if this is low, normal or high?

Thanks, David
N/A

Still waiting for mine to be updated.. I want my 4500kbps back!
N/A

Mine has never changed, been syncing at over 5000kbps for two weeks now, stable rate stuck at 2000kbps all the time.

Tried disconnecting etc, at least my speeds are stable at around 2000kbps with no loss of sync, as long as they do not drop I can't be bothered with the hassle of raising a ticket, I suppose one day it will catch up with itself and update.
daviez
Grafter

Same here - been syncing (feels more like sinking!!!) at 7120kbps for nearly 3 weeks now, but max rate still stuck at 4000kbps.

This sucks!
Community Veteran

Some have found disconnecting for 20-30mins has helped. Nothing to lose trying ... Sad

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

I went down to 500kbps after 2 days of being upgraded and then stayed there for 12 days. I spoke to customer services who said they could "reset" the 10 day test period with BT which they did. My speed went back to 2000 but hasn't changed for 17 days.

29 days in total since being upgraded and not a sniff of a faster speed for me. Why do we suffer so badly in this country with new technology. We wait longer for it than anywhere else in the world, we pay the most for it and when we do get it it doesn't work!
N/A

Some have found disconnecting for 20-30mins has helped.

Tried disconnecting the router for over a hour a day for several days, no change. :?
N/A

I left it disconnected for 35 minutes and basically got a recorded 4832 kbps!

Still at 3000 kbps stable rate however, will do this again tomorrow
N/A

I used to be with bulldog they were allways faster and i never had any problems with speed or faults... :lol: The only reason i went over here at the time was because +net were cheaper.......... :roll:
IanD
Grafter

Wonder how long i can put up with being cheap as opposed to unbearably slow. Makes me hope that Tiscali LLU won't be too far away on my exchange - got to be better than Max.