Is the clock right here?

I have a GMT time and not a BST one.

Comments?
16 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Is the clock right on this forum?

It looks OK to me.
Have you changed it on your Profile page?
N/A

Hi,

You need to change the forum time in your profile to display as GMT+1.

This forum does not do it automatically.
N/A

Ooops! Sorry and thanks for that!
N/A

I wound the hands on! Shockedops:

That does beg a few questions though. Suppose I wanted to timeshift my contributions to make it look as if I replied earlier than I actually did or to slot a comment into the forum to pre-empt a question.......would it work? :?:

I hope and assume that contributions are displayed in the order of submission. Perhaps I should try Pacific time Wink
N/A

It is only your display which varies, the post time in the server will have the server timestamp.
N/A

It's an unfortunate limitation of the forum software used that changes must be made manually and as has been explained it doesn't change what time the backend database thinks it is Smiley
Alecto
Grafter

Actually, I think that the title of this thread errs a little on the unfair side. Its implication is that Plusnet are so absolutely incompetent at everything that they can't even get a simple thing like the clock right. Given that there is no evidence that this is the case, and in this instance the fault was your own anyway, why don't you change the title to something less provocative?

I'm all in favour of criticism where it's due, but.............................. Tongue
N/A

The apparent time's a phpbb thing. I run a phpbb board hosted on a US-server (cheaper) and, believe me, board time is the least of the hassles, especially as their daylight savings time comes into force about a fortnight after ours. Imagine changing this 4 times a year... Wink
N/A

It is... phpbb and alot of other forums use personal timezone settings - I tend to leave all mine at GMT just to avoid the hassle.
csogilvie
Grafter

That gets confusing though Sad

I still don't see what the hassle with having a DBA running a simple SQL statement is, given the majority of users will be in the UK.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I still don't see what the hassle with having a DBA running a simple SQL statement is, given the majority of users will be in the UK.

Err... Colin

You're one of the DBA's on the PUG forums I believe - why did I have to manually change my timezone on there?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
csogilvie
Grafter

Because I hadn't run the SQL to update it when you did it.
N/A

gpattison,

Yes I agree that the original title of this thread is harsh on PN given that I now realise that the BB time changes are my responsibility and not that of PN and I have subsequntly amended the title and this post.

Frankly the reason it was a tad aggressive is my currently short fuse in getting nowhere with PN in regard to regrades or even a reliable PN management statement on the chronology of regrades!

So I guess it is a symptom of another long standing PN user whilst he shuffles mumbling towards the door Sad
N/A

To edit the title just click the edit button on your first post in this thread...