cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is someone taking the pish?

N/A

First post (or thereabouts) here, mostly brought about by a *lovely* email i just received.

Monitoring of our platform has highlighted that you have been heavily using your broadband service in recent months. This amount of usage is not considered sustainable for your product type.

You have received this email for one of two reasons:

- You have used over 150GB of data a month, at least twice in the last three months.

OR

- You have used over 45GB of data a month during peak-time hours, at least twice in the last three months.

Peak-time hours: 4pm-12am (midnight)

Okay. now for the fun.

Why wasn't i informed of these restrictions coming into play?
How the *hell* does 150gb on a 2mbit line (and upto 4mbit account) constitute unfair or unsustainable usage? By quick maths, I should be able (if saturating 24/7) to download appox 500gb/month (on 2mbit) or 1000gb/month (if i was on 4mbit, which i'm paying for)

So, even though i'm not downloading anything *near* the capacity of my line, or account, and the fact, afaik, most of my heavy usage is off peak -

I'm in the s.hite.
Thanks

also, might it make some effing sense to allow us to monitor how much bandwidth we're using peak/offpeak?
6 REPLIES
SiMania
Grafter

Re: Is someone taking the pish?

also, might it make some effing sense to allow us to monitor how much bandwidth we're using peak/offpeak?

That's what bothers me, obviously plusnet can monitor our peak usage, yet they won't/can't give us a tool to do it ourselves.
N/A

really, in effect, plusnet are selling a sub 512kbps sustained usage product (notwithstanding the peak limits) with 2Mbps maximum bandwidth at any one time.
N/A

I got the email today completely different figures to yours:

Monitoring of our platform has highlighted that you have been heavily using your broadband service in recent months. This amount of usage is not considered sustainable for your product type.

You have received this email for one of two reasons:

- You have used over 100GB of data a month, at least twice in the last three months.

OR

- You have used over 30GB of data a month during peak-time hours, at least twice in the last three months.

Peak-time hours: 4pm-12am (midnight)
N/A

I got the email today complteley different figures to yours:

possibly the only true difference between the pn accounts/speed/thingumy?
N/A

I got the email today completely different figures to yours:

that's because you are on the 2Mbps product and he is on the 4Mbps product.
LiamM
Grafter

The OP will be on the £29.99 Premier 4Mb tarrif I would guess. As he pays more, he gets more allowance.

Anyhow, I am locking this thread now in favour of this one. If we could keep this discussion in there, that would be great.