cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "you stay we pay" finally dead?

N/A

Could somebody please confirm that the "you stay we pay" is no more Smiley
I am well over the 12 mth conract period.

I`m jumping ship, been with +net quite a few years but time for a change me thinks..
I dont think +net will miss me as I have been using my BB to its full pretty much.. :twisted:
Never know but after dipping me toes in the BB market I may be back.
Quite sad really to be leaving an ISP that I have been with for a few years but things change life moves on etc..
7 REPLIES
gswindale
Grafter

A quick search gives you the answer.
Neil_A
Grafter

Re: Is "you stay we pay" finally dead?

I`m jumping ship, been with +net quite a few years but time for a change me thinks..

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving - is there anything wrong with the service or something particular about the products you're not keen on? Have you seen our new product set? Broadband Your Way Option 3 looks like it would suit your usage patterns pretty comfortably and you could still download overnight without using your allowance.
N/A

"Broadband Your Way Option 3 looks like it would suit your usage patterns pretty comfortably and you could still download overnight without using your allowance." Tosh! What you are implying is that the download shouls happen between 00:01 and 08:00 - this means that the computer has to be left on during that period.
Not a green attitude is this business; especially as you have designed the 3 options to ensure that pc's are on longer.
N/A

I'm not sure that being 'green' comes into it. Surely utilising a network and associated hardware 24/7 is better than building one twice as large to cope with daytime demand, then having it running all night doing nothing?

Its rather like those who buy these ridiculous hybrid cars thinking that they are 'green'. Its better for the environment to keep an older car running, than it is to dispose of an old car, and manufacture a new one! [Particularly one with extra batteries in it..] The emissions in the disposal/manufacture process far outweigh the savings to be had in using a little less petrol day to day.
gswindale
Grafter

From plus' point of view, yes having the network utilised all day is better, but from an end user point of view, being able to download without having to worry about peak/off-peak restrictions is better as they personally then consume less electricity (although how much less is debatable).
Ianwild
Grafter

I think one day in the not so distant future much of that overnight downloading will be done through PVR style Hubs that are pretty low energy consumers to start off with. It's the nature of the build of the Broadband networks in this country that this is becoming a necessity and even with the extra capacity 21CN will bring, the higher speeds will leave us in the same position generally - Interactive protocols will need to take priority during the day/evening, and will keep using more and more of the available network as more people discover exciting new things like video streaming, and devices like the Sonos get more popular.

There was an interesting article in the Guardian recently that echoes some my own views on lower power devices (Which a well designed and configured PC is!):

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,2054406,00.html

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Re: Is "you stay we pay" finally dead?

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving - is there anything wrong with the service or something particular about the products you're not keen on? Have you seen our new product set? Broadband Your Way Option 3 looks like it would suit your usage patterns pretty comfortably and you could still download overnight without using your allowance.

To be honest +net do give a large GB allowance compared to other ISP but you have to work pretty hard if you want to use it.. Leaving the PC on overnight again & again etc..

I am planning on cutting my P2P activities down as I am fedup of being tied to the PC so dont need a large allowance at the moment.

With a lot of ISP now giving a 1mth contract it aint to painful to swap about to find one that suits and the ISP I am planning to change to has stated that it WILL be absorbing that new "cease" charge of BT. (Its only £40 I know but I hate being taken for a ride by BT)

You never know "I`ll be back" (Swarzenager style)

Thanks for the service but time for a change.

Hi gswindale thanks for the link .. I did a search and couldnt find anything much all I could find were threads that about when it would cease. Shockedops: