cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is overcharging common?

Community Veteran

Is overcharging common?

I joined Plusnet this week and immediately had a problem with accounts overcharging me.

I was charged my initial month’s service fee twice and was also charged a set up fee that was clearly marked free for users migrating in to Plusnet.

Now this was sorted out straight away after a phone call to CS who agreed immediately it was their mistake and made a refund (thanks for speedy action).

Lucky I noticed though or I would have been down the best part of £30.

Does this happen often, do I need to keep track of my debits every month?
8 REPLIES
N/A

Is overcharging common?

I have never had a problem with billing in the time I have been here.
N/A

Is overcharging common?

Oh god, I havent been checking mine...
Julie
Grafter

Is overcharging common?

Hi,

Welcome to plusnet and the forums, sorry to hear you have had some problems Sad

I have never personally had any problems with billing in all my time with plusnet.
However, saying that it is always wise to check that you are billed correctly each month, as with all companies mistakes can and will happen from time to time.
Community Veteran

Is overcharging common?

Billing problems do occur at every ISP but given the lack of posts here and on ADSLguide it is certainly not a common situation with PlusNet.

However, mistakes do get made and automated systems go wrong so it is always worth checking the billing amounts are correct, this is especially true where variable amounts could be taken each month in the case of PAYG products.

You do get a email each month stating what amounts will be taken so make sure you monitor your postmaster email address (which you should be doing anyway nder the T&C as that is PNs authorised way to contact you). There is also a record of every invoice on your account yunder account details.
N/A

Is overcharging common?

Watch out if you try and migrate away - they may try and charge you 14.99 even though you've been with them over a year...

Happened to me yesterday. If I hadn't queried it they would have merrily taken the money they weren't due.
N/A

Is overcharging common?

Yes, I was charged twice when I changed by billing date. However, the second charge was refunded straight away.
N/A

Is overcharging common?

was charged my initial month’s service fee twice and was also charged a set up fee that was clearly marked free for users migrating in to Plusnet.

I have just been made aware of the same thing happening to another new user this week. There may be a problem with the automated billing system.

Maybe needs checked out.
Community Veteran

Is overcharging common?

Ive stated before that if there is one area that should be 100% spot on and error free, or at least strived toward being, it is billing.

Thee have been many issues raised on the Plusnet forums of late, and whatever anyones particular stance on any of those is, I am certain that common agreement would be that billing issues should take priority.

Any double charging, incorrect charging, charging some customers for something and not others etc should be a major concern. If there is anything customers will feel agreived about more than anything else, it will be overcharging or incorrect charging.

I dont think it is "common", but it may appear that way because of how sensetive customers are about it.

This applies to any organisation, for instance, if you bought some apples from Sainsbury's and got them home to find one was bruised you may possibly think, "darn it, I wish I had checked more thoroughly before buying these", or "well, I thought Sainsbury's apples would have been better". However if the apples were perfectly fine but your receipt showed you had been charged twice, or that you had been charged for a more expensive fruit instead, you would be a lot more upset - in fact that would probably cause manyto return to the store and complain.

It is a fairly simple analogy, but I think it demonstrates that billing/finance matters should be a primary concern.