cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is outgoing email down then??

N/A

My system is now back online following this morning's outage, but as yet I still cannot send email via PlusNet's outgoing SMTP servers.

Checking the status page, however, I see that there is currently no listed issue.

So: am I the only one, or is there a wider level problem here?
7 REPLIES
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10
N/A

Re: Is outgoing email down then??

My system is now back online following this morning's outage, but as yet I still cannot send email via PlusNet's outgoing SMTP servers.

It's working here.
JonathanW
Grafter

The servers would appear to be working from here as well. If you're having problems what is the error message that you're getting?
N/A

The usual "Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing SMTP server. If this problem persists please contact your ISP" one.

Very odd, given everything else is working fine.

Oh and its just the outgoing SMTP server too; the incoming one is fine as I'm receiving the notifications of replies to this topic...
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

E mail back

JonathanW
Grafter

The usual "Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing SMTP server. If this problem persists please contact your ISP" one.

Have you tried using telnet, to see if you can reach the server that way?

If you're not sure how, open the command prompt and type in 'telnet relay.plus.net 25' and you should get something like this, if it connects:

220 relay.plus.net ESMTP Exim Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:35:38 +0000

If it gives you the above, then it suggests there's something wrong with Outlook, if it gives you anything else then there could still be something wrong with your computer or it could be a connection issue.
N/A

Aha - its now come back! God knows what was going on there...

Any which way many thanks for your help Cheesy