cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my line being activated?

N/A

Hi there,

I've recently been having a lot of trouble trying to move my account to a new address with the same number- obviously with the a different line.

I was told that the line would finally have the ADSL activated on the 14th (last friday) however I still have no active line- well I can't connect, I don't know how I can tell if it's been activated or not.

I have raised a support ticket for this whole affair and would just like to know what the status is. Has the order for ADSL activation been made and if so when can I expect it to be done by?

Also, I have tried phoning the support line: 0845 1400200 but it rings once then you hang up which I find very rude.

~TIA
7 REPLIES
N/A

Have you looked at your order tracker? What does that say?
N/A

That shows that's it's all OK and completed, but that's for when I created the account at my previous address, not my new one that I am moving to.
Community Veteran

What does it say here when you enter your phone number for the new line?
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Redviper
Grafter

Hi

I have has a simaler problem using the "House Move"- I have been waiting for my connection to be activated since the 1st of this month!!!!!

From what I can gather PN activated early before they were supposed to resulting in BT - telling them there was no line there - I only found out after i rang the standerd line (on or around the 10th of this month) - followed the options for "Forgotton Password" and sat in a Q for 40 min- all the time the status was on "activating your line"

So I have had to have my order resubmitted wich apperntly its going to be switched on the 21st - this Friday - I had numerous tickets which never anwered my questions and to be honest i fell very let down - as i will have had no broadband for 21 days!!! maybe more - if the connection does not go through.
N/A

What does it say here when you enter your phone number for the new line?
It says that ADSL is activated on the exchange. It doesn't tell me anything about my individual line though.
Community Veteran

Strange. What about the one here.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Strange. What about the one here.

SW.
That one said

"This looks like a normal BT exchange line with no ADSL enabled."

Sad

And as I was writing this e-mail I got a call from Plus.net saying that it hadn't been done but that they have just done it. So it will be activated within the week. HUZZAR!