cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my £29.99/month 2meg the same as £21.99/month 2meg?

Stuart

Given that I've just paid the £14.99 for an upgrade from 1meg unlimited to 2meg 50meg/month, my brother did the same from his 512kb unlimited to 2meg 30meg/month, and given that FUP has been scrapped are the 2mb users now going to have their prices dropped to match the £21.99ers ?

I don't want to "downgrade" to a lesser product, but I don't want to be paying the same as someone else for the same service.
7 REPLIES
N/A

http://portal.f9.net.uk/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5000
its answered in the link above, I asked the same question.

Customer X pays £39.99 for a 2MB broadband.
Customer Y pays £21.99 (or whatever) for 0.5MB broadband.

Customer Y will get and automatic upgrade to 2MB at the end of May as part of the F9 (Max DSL?) upgrades.

With FUP the price difference could be justifed by the download limit (75GB for 39.99) versus (30GB for 21.99). However with FUP not on the cards (and according to the quoute upgrades are continuing) at the end of may Customer Y will have exactly the same as Customer X for £18 less.

How will this be handled? I see the F9 BB Premier advert is now advertising £21.99 for 2MB at the end of April. Does this means Customer X will have an £18 price drop? or will his service proved something Customer Y's wont because he pays more?

Hi there,

The bulk regrades to 2MB are nothing to do with Max DSL. It is true though that both customer X and customer Y will be on equivalent 2MB products with no fair usage restrictions.

There are two options available here for customer X:-

o They can stay on their current taffic and will be moved to the equivalent speed when it is available (likely to be 8MB @ £39.99)
o They can downgrade to the £21.99 account free of charge but will be charge for any subsequent speed upgrades at a later date.
N/A

[removed by author]
N/A

By sheer fluke I was browsing the forums today when this withdrawl of FUP was announced. I have been jumping between here and the very hysterical plusnet forums for most of the day. (sad yes, now I wish I hadn't Smiley )

The inference is that there might be a 4M/6M product priced at £29.99 (implied by the 8M @ £39.99) - but it isn't obvious. After all, yesterday we were all going to get 8Meg sooner or later for £21.99, as long as we stuck to 30Gig/month 8am to 1am.

I quite agree it looks as though that their may be completely different products available (hopefully) soon.

I was going to change to the £21.99 / 30g last night but didn't. Now I and new users have no option for premier accounts so just maybe this could mean something good in store.

I'm sitting quietly waiting to see what happens next week, perhaps the announcements will be large and tasty enough for all of us to forget about this very quickly.

Or perhaps people will moan no matter what, such is life. Wink
N/A

[removed by author]
N/A

They way I interpreted the post is:

and given that FUP has been scrapped are the 2mb users now going to have their prices dropped to match the £21.99ers ? .

According to the link in my post people on 2MB can opt. to drop down to 21.99 package for free, and retain the same service, or can continue at their current rate (in this case 29.99) and will get the matching product for that price when it is available (wether it be 4/6 or whatever).

It may even be that it may be a combination of the two.

I don't want to "downgrade" to a lesser product, but I don't want to be paying the same as someone else for the same service
isn't clear as to whether this is what he describes as a "lesser product". Also, does he have to choose to downgrade? Or did it just become "same product / same price"?

Reading between the lines, you have to ask to "downgrade" and only the price will change not the features/service and it will be free.

In the same mindset by not changing you will continue to pay the same. i.e. paying more than 21.99 for the same service as available for 21.99.

You're right though it isnt a one size fits all answer and again this is just my interpretation. so some more clarity from F9 would be good.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Hi there,

Assuming you are paying £29.99 now.

You can stay on this package. When an equivalent package comes along at a higher speed you will automatically be moved to it.

Alternatively you can downgrade to the £21.99 package. Your benefits and package features will be exactly the same as the £29.99 account for the time being. If you want to upgrade back to £29.99 when the higher speeds are available then you will be charged for it.

It benefits most customers to downgrade.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

and when can we start downgrading then?

can we do it now or do we have to wait till after the 28th.

also as my payment was due 19th april, if i downgrade will the month's payment change or will i still be charged the full £29.99 for the month.

or will i get charged £24.19 for this month

calculation based on 99ppd (£29.99 pcm) for current 1mb, and 72ppd (£21.99pcm) for new 2mb fee, gives 9days @ 99p + 21days @ 72p (365 days / 12 months is roughly 30days pcm)