cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it still possible to opt out of change to LLU?

N/A

Thought there was an option on the trials.plus.net page for opting out of being transferred to LLU with tiscali? Only options on this page are for opting out of DSL max or queue jump.

Have already been changed to DSLMax with BT and line is reasonably OK at the moment. Wanted to ensure i stayed like this and was not changed over at some point to a tiscali LLU at my exchange when they connect up to it later this year.
Is is still possible to opt out, if so what is the best way of doing this?
Thanks
3 REPLIES
lingbob
Grafter

See the news article here

--
Martin
N/A

Thanks had not seen that article.
Sounds very sneaky to me as though they will just move anyone over to LLU when it becomes available regardless of the end users wishes.

Surely if you dont want to be moved over to an LLU service provider the choice should still be given? I hope PlusNet will see sense and reinstate the opt out option very soon.
Am getting worried with all the reports of problems people appear to be having when changed over to LLU with tiscali.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Interesting - the opt out process used to be done via the member centre. Luckily I managed to get in there before it got taken down.

Are ADSL guide correct when they say PlusNet are expecting people to reply to an e-mail to opt out? This seems ludicrous given the insecure nature of e-mail. Surely requests made against an account should be done via the member centre which of course requires authentication.