cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible...

N/A

Is it possible...

Well since we have this pathetic 15GB limit on usenet, is there anywhere where you can see how much you've downloaded via usenet...or do we have to keep a record of this ourselves, much as we did with our peak time downloads for months before PT usage was included in the VMBU tool?
12 REPLIES
N/A

Is it possible...

I don't know what client you use, but there is a counter on Newsleacher. Bad news is its paid for software, but its only $35 and well worth it. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was mentioned, but not a top priority. Maybe the comms team can comment. Would probably be better posted in the massive usenet limit thread, more likely to attract an answer there Smiley
N/A

Is it possible...

...feeling a little dumb now, just logged into easynews and noticed the download usage meter...LMAO!!!

Although, I do think it is something that should be introduced into the VMBU tool...as it's something that's being forced on us, therefore I think PN is obliged to provide us with accurate statistics of usenet usage!
N/A

Is it possible...

Remember though that easynews don't count updating headers, so you might need to add these on as they can run in to hundreds of MB.
N/A

Is it possible...

Thats no probs cos I use the easynews service through http, and the usage meter on that site even counts your http browsing through the groups Cheesy
N/A

Is it possible...

I think PN is obliged to provide us with accurate statistics of usenet usage

The new usenet VMBU is in development but its not high priority
N/A

Is it possible...

I think PN is obliged to provide us with accurate statistics of usenet usage

The new usenet VMBU is in development but its not high priority

PlusNet appear to be a bunch of monkeys! Why not sort that out first before apply this restriction without thinking about it in the first place... Evil
N/A

Is it possible...

its not a full blown restriction. The service still runs be it at around 30k/s after the 15gig silver traffic. Would you rather have no silver traffic and just have it slow all the time?

This is why its not high priority
N/A

Is it possible...

Would of been better if they had just left nntp alone completely. The SUP should take care of the naughty 1%. And even Ellacoya say that nntp does not cause a high load on networks. All this tosh about nntp being unsustainable at full speed, it just doesn't wash.
N/A

Is it possible...

I told you... monkeys!

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Large image deleted as it served no purpose and was way too big.]
JonathanW
Grafter

Is it possible...

We made the changes due to the fact that people were complaining about slow speeds on usenet traffic, which is why we moved the first 15Gb into the silver queue so that everyone could benefit from the improved speeds. Similarly, the usage level was chosen after feedback from customers and due to the fact that only a small percentage of our customers use over 15Gb of Usenet traffic.
Community Veteran

Is it possible...

Is that a new way of syaing 1%
N/A

Is it possible...

Ok, fair enough you made that change to help most customers, but what happens when your servers mess up, like they did last week, and customers are not made aware of this, so they continue to download assuming that it is the files that are corrupted?

Are PlusNet going to do anything about this?

I, and many other customers WOULD NOT have gone over our 15gb silver downloads if it wasn't for your servers... so are we going to get any compensation for this, or are you just going to sit there and laugh at us for something that is simply your fault!