Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to take your IP address to another ISP

N/A

Usual moan but with a question...

My question..
Is it possible to take your IP address to another ISP?

And now for my moan/comment
This is it for me, this email problem is the final straw, I have been feeling really disheartened with Force9 recently and to now tell us that it could be 24 hours before the emails are fixed is just unbelievable, actually I will rephrase that it's scary!

For those interested I am moving to Nildram (had considered AOL at one point!! :lol: ) - I intend to start the process tomorrow evening so if anyone has had a really bad experience with them please let me know - would be really appreciated!
2 REPLIES
carpangler
Grafter

it's not possible to take the IP when you move as this is owned by F9.

So, why would you want to take the static IP. I presume it may be programmed into various external routers and firewalls. If so, then all you can do is get all of these reprogrammed with the new static IP.

Not a lot of help, I know, but unless any one else can offer some advice on this, I don't think it's possible.
N/A

I didn't think so!

Yes I have a few routers I connect into, and of course I won't know my new IP address with my next ISP until I have moved, and once I have a new IP address I can't connect to the routers!!! it's only a few so I will have to open them up to any ip address and then secure them once I have moved!

Thanks anyway.