cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it me?

Laugh
Grafter

Is it me?

Was I the only one who had problems connecting last night?

Well, 'problems' isn't quite correct. Complete failure would probably be more accurate. My line was syncing but I was not connecting to the internet. I tried phoning but was told that the wait time was over 1 hour. I just gave up and hung up! Later on, I was able to get the router to tell me it was connected but I still couldn't browse the web or get a mail connection.

This happens quite frequently and magically seems to repair itself. The downtime normally is several hours. I've tried leaving a message but never get a reply. The status line is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

I would like to know what should be done here? From the blurb that PlusNet are sending out then everybody at PN Towers have been patting themselves on the back for clearing all the backlogs and things are nearly back to normal. If waiting times of over 1 hour and not being able to connect is normal, then we should all throw a celebration party! :roll:
6 REPLIES
N/A

Is it me?

try and get your SNR of when your working ok, and then get it again when you experience the problem.

It might help find the problem
N/A

Is it me?

are you on LLU?
N/A

Is it me?

No, it wasn't just you laugharne, I struggled even more than usual.
It NEVER connects first time for me, just get this remote computer not responding in a timely manner business. Forever clicking redial. Last night took me about 15mins TWICE. Today, 10 mins ago, not so bad, I only had to click redial twice. That's a good day!

Someone from the plusnet BB department email the dial-up department and ask them how their users connect first time, every time. Alternatively, swivel your office chair round in PN Towers and ask your colleague.
Laugh
Grafter

Is it me?

Thanks for the reply. There's no change in it. I've already checked. There does not appear to be any reason for the lack of connection from what I can see. It's almost as if the PN hardware is ignoring me. Sad

What does annoy me is that they expect you to put on a new filter, or use a different router (everybody has a spare router hanging round the house :? ), and connect to the master socket (the one under the panel) etc, otherwise they won't even investigate the issue.

The problem does not lie with my equipment. Nothing has changed and it all works again this morning.

In fact, last night, I got an internet connection because my router managed to update it's clock (no connection means that my router thinks it's 1970!). Yet, I still couldn't connect to the internet nor access the mail server. This is definitely a PlusNet issue, but what is the point of raising a ticket now that the problem has magically gone away. The likelihood is that it would automatically be closed because I can connect now anyway!

According to the status line there were no problems and the last update was on Monday! So if there were no problems then why were there over 1 hour wait times?
Laugh
Grafter

Is it me?

OOooo - lots of responses I didn't see Cheesy

I'm not on LLU - but I am maxed! (I didn't ask for it but I'm grateful and I never had any problems with being maxed).
N/A

Is it me?

The best one they came up with to me along these lines was a few weeks ago. PN told me to switch my computer off and leave my modem off for an hour, this will reset the hardware, it should work then. This was on a Sunday.
I then told them I was now logged in from someone else's computer and *my* computer, the one which I was having problems with had been switched off since Friday! Switch it off for an hour you say....?!
They didn't reply after that.