cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it always this bad

mickm
Grafter

Is it always this bad

I have just opened a (lite) account to see if PlusNet is better than my old ISP. So far I've had repeated busy signals, failed connections and variable connection speeds down to 22K on a 56k modem. Is it always this bad or should I give it a longer trial before I cancel my accont?
--
Mick
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Is it always this bad

I would certainly give them a longer trial, i have been noughing but impressed with their service. I think they have been having some BT related problems recently, i've been hit by some anyway, and also i'm getting lower connection speeds in the last couple of days, but other than that they have given me the best conection speeds my pissy win-modem has ever seen.

> I have just opened a (lite) account to see if PlusNet is better than my old ISP. So far I've had repeated busy signals, failed connections and variable connection speeds down to 22K on a 56k modem. Is it always this bad or should I give it a longer trial before I cancel my accont?
>
> --
> Mick

--
Turtel
http://www.turtels.cjb.net
N/A

> I have just opened a (lite) account to see if PlusNet is better than my old ISP. So far I've had repeated busy signals, failed connections and variable connection speeds down to 22K on a 56k modem. Is it always this bad or should I give it a longer trial before I cancel my accont?
Hi Mick,
Our FRIACO service is normally very good. What hardware are you using?
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
mickm
Grafter

> > I have just opened a (lite) account to see if PlusNet is better than my old ISP. So far I've had repeated busy signals, failed connections and variable connection speeds down to 22K on a 56k modem. Is it always this bad or should I give it a longer trial before I cancel my accont?
>
> Hi Mick,
>
> Our FRIACO service is normally very good. What hardware are you using?
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>

Mike, thanks for the response - at least that's one up on my old ISP! I'm not expecting miracles since I'm 2 miles from a rural exchange so I'm lucky to get much over 40K. I was getting that the first couple of times I logged in but then it collapsed to around 20K after several line busy/failed connections. It seems to have recovered so far today so I'll wait to see what it is like this evening.
--
Mick
N/A

> Mike, thanks for the response - at least that's one up on my old ISP! I'm not expecting miracles since I'm 2 miles from a rural exchange so I'm lucky to get much over 40K. I was getting that the first couple of times I logged in but then it collapsed to around 20K after several line busy/failed connections. It seems to have recovered so far today so I'll wait to see what it is like this evening.
Ok Mick,
We'll await your response if necessary.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

I've been with plus.net for a while now (maybe a year? I don't know, I was with them on Surftime for a while too) and I've only got praise for them.

Apart from a few hiccups in the connection and, ahem, that thing with 'heavy users', they've been brilliant. Good connection, steady downloads, almost never being cutoff, fast and helpful support and a very reasonable pricing structure. And I'm not even being paid to say that.

Stick around and keep trying, it should be worth it.
mickm
Grafter

Update at 22.22.

It has just taken me 7 attempts to connect starting at 22.12. The first six established a phone connection but then generated the "Unable to Connect" message after checking username and password. The seventh attempt connected at 24K.
--
Mick