cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is going from 502kB/s to 83kB/s an indication......

Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

.........that my line has been upgraded at the DSLAM I'm on. I've just started an ftp download and it started at 503kB/s and slowly (well, quickly at first) made its way down to 80-85kB/s where it stays till the end of the download.

Is this an indication that my line is capable of more than the 1Mb that I've been told it's limited to until after the upgrade?

Could my line have been upgraded at the BT end and it's just that +N haven't gotten round to changing things yet?

If I'm seeing 503-ish figures does that mean that I *may* have a 4Mb line now?

BUT. I just went to try & upgrade *back* to the 29.99 package that I WAS on before being told to downgrade to the 21.99 package, and It says there will be a 14.99 upgrade fee!! I thought the 14.99 only applied to *downgrades* ie. lower priced packages?

Dave...happy with the service...so far...

www.archive.org/audio
3 REPLIES
N/A

by recollection i think the 14.99 is just the regrade fee.

to be honest they should call it the "please open your wallet while we steal more money" package.
N/A

The high figure (503kBps) is in fact a mis-calculation on the part of the FTP software you're using. For a more accurate picture you should try the ADSLGuide speedtest and the PlusNet speedtest.

If your line had been upgraded by BT, but not by PlusNet, then you would continue to see normal speeds. Until both BT and PlusNet make the change, then you will not see a change in speed.

As for the upgrade fee, I would raise a link:contact us ticket to see what's going on.
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

The high figure (503kBps) is in fact a mis-calculation on the part of the FTP software you're using.

I am mistaken when I say ftp. I'm using the download manager in Firefox. sorry, my mistake.

And, I just bit the bullet and re-upgraded to 29.99 package. Hey, you know what they say about a fool and his money... :-)

Dave...happy with the service...so far...