cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is email borked?

pawhe955
Grafter

Is email borked?

No mention in Service Status, but my client has not been able to send/receive email for approx. last 1/2 hour....

I can traceroute and ping "relay.plus.net" and "mail.plus.net", but if I try to telnet to the relevant service ports on each of the above (e.g. 25 and 110), the telnet sessions just hang.....

Everyone else o.k.? Thanks,
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Is email borked?

Hi there.

We are unable to replicate this issue on our side and at this point are not experiencing any email issues.

Have any changes occurred with your AV or Firewall?
Community Veteran

Is email borked?

Reboot everything, router, PC etc and see if the problem remains.
pawhe955
Grafter

Is email borked?

Email was working o.k. this morning - and I'd made no changes to anything during the day, so didn't believe that it would be my side. My PC runs nearly 24 hours so reluctant to re-boot - but did anyway, and it's sorted. Apologies for any alarm.... Shockedops:

Cheers,
Community Veteran

Is email borked?

No worries... you're not the first and certainly won't be the last to be affected in this way.

It is a very common problem. With everyone having multiple firewalls and A/V scanners 'in the way', all too often one of more of them stop working for no apparent reason and it looks like the ISP at fault.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Is email borked?

I generally find the first rule of diagnosing problems is to reboot, you'd probably be amazed by the number of times that fixes things. Can easily be a crashed application or process or AV software doing an update and needing a reboot to take effect.
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

E mails not appearing: How to redirect?

In line with + net's recommendation I have turned off the "catch all".

However I'm not now receiving any plus net e mails at all to my main prefix of "g@peasXXXX".
(Postmaster@ is redirected to g@, but I don't get any redirects from that)

The redirect facility does not let you set up one where prefix is less than 2 letters; is there a way around this. :?:

And where do I find e mails sent to g@ when catch all switched off?
Can see none on webmail. Sad