cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having ping trouble with Ventrillo?

N/A

Up until last week all was well with Ventrillo but now I'm suffering from pings between 300 and 1000, this is making comunication rather difficult. A fellow clan mate also on PN is having the same trouble.

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same sort of trouble themselfs as it could be that packet shaping has reared its ugly head and my Vent traffic is being downgraded.

Tracert reveals nothing out of the ordinary but when all the trouble with BF2's packet shaping occured the tracert was fine but in game it wasn't. :roll:
13 REPLIES
N/A

It couldn't be related to this thread could it?
N/A

It couldn't be related to this thread could it?

I'd put money on it.....
N/A

Yes I've had problems with Vent for several weeks now. My problem is down to the fact that the port my Vent supplier uses is non standard (4092).

I've asked PN if they'd add the port to the Ellecoyas so the traffic is correctly prioritised, but no luck yet.

I've been on this Vent server for more than 8 months and never used to have a problem until a few weeks ago.
N/A

I am in the same boat. D:. I am lagging on vent as I speak my ping is 2690.
N/A

Luckily no, Vent is the only thing which seems to of been affected.

After a number of router reboots I've gone from Juniper 2 (ptn-ag2) to Juniper 5 (thn-ag1) and at the time of typing I'm getting a lower ping on vent. :?
N/A

Yes I've had problems with Vent for several weeks now. My problem is down to the fact that the port my Vent supplier uses is non standard (4092).

I've asked PN if they'd add the port to the Ellecoyas so the traffic is correctly prioritised, but no luck yet.

I've been on this Vent server for more than 8 months and never used to have a problem until a few weeks ago.

Our servers port number is 4091.

I'd reccomend a reboot and hope for a different gateway as my vent ping is now happily bubbling around 20-40 now. :?
N/A

Well I am on LLU and the vent I use is port 4207. LLU users are always stuck on ag1. D:
N/A

Tried reconnecting many times ... no luck. Vent can spike at 30K plus
N/A

Just came here because I'm no longer able to connect to our TS server on port 8914. Could this be related chaps if this is a non-standard port?
N/A

Just came here because I'm no longer able to connect to our TS server on port 8914. Could this be related chaps if this is a non-standard port?

No you should be able to connect still.
N/A

You'd think. I can connect to any TS server on the standard port- but not using that port all of a sudden. Worked fine last night...
N/A

AFAIK PN don't block any ports. Can you ping the server still?
N/A

Bah same problem tonight, ticket time methinks :roll: