cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else experiencing a bad connection tonight -Monday

N/A

I had to restart my router at about 5.30 as it crashed out during the day sometime, since then I've been getting a huge packet loss - about 35%. When the pings do come back the response time is fine, at least no worse than usual. I've tried pinging various addresses, including the PNet gateways and all are the same. My router line stats are fine, 4MB interleaved (on DSLmax) and only 28FECs in over an hour.
I've tried briefly with another router and this looks to be dropping just as many packets.
I anyone getting a similar problem ?
10 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Is anyone else experiencing a bad connection tonight -Mo

I had to restart my router at about 5.30 as it crashed out during the day sometime,

Thats quite interesting as my connection went down "internet light" out only on a Lynksys WAG354G the "DSL" light remained steady.I rebooted the router a couple of times, and finally powered down the router at 1700hrs and powered it up again 30 minutes later at 1730hrs and my connection was back up again....... was that just luck on my part or given that the OP also mentions 1730 did something happen for an hour and a half?
N/A

i`m getting a few probs yeah.. most of the times is that wheni try to dial up.. it gives me the error "the computer did not respond in a timely manner"..
UberMensch
Grafter

Usually I can download from my webserver at ~280Kbps. The fastest I got today was:

Eleven. Kilobits.

Speed testers are ranking me just below single ISDN.

Can't wait for the 12 month contract to expire. HELLO PIPEX!
N/A

I noticed it dropping packets at 9pm tonight, and slowly increasing until the speed was unusable.

Disconnecting/Reconnecting didn't do anything, so I changed the modulation on my router from ADSL2+ to G.Lite, which dropped the speed from 6000 to 3000, but at least I got a stable connection now with no packet loss. I'll change it back to the higher speed in the morning when the problem is hopefully fixed.
N/A

My service has been almost unbearable today. It has been gradually getting worse until I have resorted to 56k dialup!

This is my first time on these forums as I wanted to look for answers to why. All the service status screens state all is well, not as far as anyone else is concerened!!

My service has been intermittent recently as it is, I put it down to the 8mb "upgrades" so I let it go. Little did I know what problems other plusnet users were having.
N/A

After spending several hours messing with different bits of network kit trying and failing to find a fault with my hardware it's all working fine again now - wonder if anyone will admit that there was something wrong anywhere Huh
N/A

poor service

I think if people realise how easy it is to move to another ISP, there will be a real worry for providers of a poor service. However, from what I have read here, some people have had difficulty getting away from this crowd. I do hope things improve because I have no qualms about moving on.
N/A

mmmmmmmmm surprise surprise I am also back up and running!

I work with BT (I said "with" not "for"!!) and often experience the "nothing wrong here, check your equipment" then suddenly the problem disappears. I do hope plusnet are not heading this way as I joined them because of their customer service not cost!
N/A

I joined them because of their customer service

Are you serious? Or being sarcastic?
N/A

Honestly I joined them because I was told of good customer service, which was the case. Responses to online questions and issues were swift and clear. I've moved house with no problems (due to do it again soon and dreading it). etc etc

I enlisted the mother in law and they were quick enough to get her up and running recently, so they can't be THAT stretched.

I've not really had the need for the customer services since I moved, now I do and did a little digging (ie. reading the forums) I am disgusted!