cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is all the Software on your PC legal?

N/A

Just a fun poll for a change

was just interested out of all the Plusnet users if they can 100% say yes that all the software on their pc is legal!

Just to make it more interesting if you have any mp3s that are illegal or downloaded apps you cannot answer yes, even if the software is not installed
38 REPLIES
N/A

Just wonder how sensible it would be to say that one's software isn't 100% legal on a forum where your login links to personal and billing details ... :?

Of course, we could all go for the "Sparticus" approach Wink

Stuart
N/A

just tired adding a 3 rd option

decline to comment on legality but cant do it for some reason.

i see where u coming from but it was a genuine question as there must be very few who can genuinely say 100%

remember if u have 1 mp3 that you do not have the original then you must answer no
N/A

just tired

Know how you feel Wink

Not that I'm being defensive or anything, but I certainly would welcome the third option Smiley - perhaps people could flip a coin and answer truthfully if they get a heads and falsely if they get a tails; need quite a big sample to make this legitimate, though, especially as the statistical variation could be on a par with one of the proportions.

I would agree it would be interesting to see though, from the self-selecting sample of the users of the forums.

Stuart
N/A

perhaps a mod or a member of the comms team can add this for me - hopefully
N/A

Hmm, I'm not really sure because would it be classed as illegal if I was using my friends CD-Key on most of my software?
N/A

illegal as you havent bought it

3rd option would have been good here
N/A

ummm 147 views and only 6 honest answers

silence is golden
N/A

Or some might be taking the 5th. Smiley

I know I am.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

A third option would be good, however I'm not sure you can add in another option once the poll has been opened.
N/A

I was honest ^_^

A third option would be good, however I'm not sure you can add in another option once the poll has been opened.

- Just go for it Smiley
craigbrass
Grafter

Well according to an article I read, the estimate is 82% of people have atleast one piece of illigal software. I agree with what alot of studants say, "I will pay for software when I can afford it" lol.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

You can and I have done.
N/A

On this 'ere machine, all is legal.

Running Mandrake Linux, the newer version...

Much safer and easier for web... The laptop has Windows 98 and a lot of shareware or freeware software on that. The shareware is often registered though... Smiley Cheesy Smiley
N/A

Well, yes, not wishing to be "Holier than thou" or anything, but everything on mine's legal for the simple reason that I'm just not into the music, the videos and all that sort of thing, so I've hardly ever found anything I need that I can't get a free legal programme for with a bit of scouting around.

Sometimes this does mean sticking with an older version to get what I want, rather than upgrading to an "improved" version which requires payment, but I tend to take the "If it ain't broke, why fix it?" attitude anyway, so having, say, the old version of Mailwasher which allows mutiple addresses without paying is fine by me.

About the only thing that I never found a good free solution for was back in dial-up days, when I wanted an internet call timer including costs, that would cope with multiple ISPs and different phone rates. I used Internet Timer 3, and paid for it - I don't mind paying a bit for something that does the job well when it's necessary, and if I think a free programe is *really* good, and it's an individual rather than a big company who's responsible, I've even been known to send a little donation to show my appreciation of the effort that's gone into it - fair's fair.