cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This Normal!!!!!????

N/A

Is This Normal!!!!!????

Noticed i have reached level 1 of the Restriction for this month, and now my internet connection is ridiculously slow! Bandwidth seems to be capped at roughly 400kbps down and 35kbps up speeds. P2P is out of the equation all together, as it will completely fail to connect.

I know that the restrictions are strict, but never thought they were this ridiculously strict. I am unable to do any online gaming, which is very annoying as i have just bought Battlefield 2142.

As per the Title - IS THIS NORMAL?Huh
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Is This Normal!!!!!????

No, not for most ISPs no. For plusnet, yes it's not only becoming normal, but worse too.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

Is This Normal!!!!!????

well i feel its over the top! i would understand if i had reached Level 3 on the FUP, but as it is its under 10% of my normal connection speed.

Other thing is, i've apparently used 66% of my allowance - well my billing date is in 2 days, so why can't i have my full usage allowance in that time - surely if its a usage allowance im entitled to it!

So much for unlimited Broadband! At least i have my MAC code now.
Community Veteran

Is This Normal!!!!!????

At least i have my MAC code now.

You wouldn't beleive how many people I've seen say that on this forum in the last 2 days!
ady
Grafter

Is This Normal!!!!!????

well plus.net has been at it's worse over the last few months yet you join barely 2 months ago ? Cheesy what made you join then
Community Veteran

Is This Normal!!!!!????

well plus.net has been at it's worse over the last few months yet you join barely 2 months ago ? Cheesy what made you join then

Recommendations from dick headed friends. I'll never trust that again.

Incidentally, has anyone noticed PN's free 30 day trial is still offering uncapped bandwidth? - Whats with the cherry picking for theiving other ISPs clients?
Community Veteran

Is This Normal!!!!!????

has anyone noticed PN's free 30 day trial is still offering uncapped bandwidth?

No I hadn't noticed!

Where? Have you a link?