cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnets phone system designed to be a cruel joke?

N/A

In an attempt to sort out a DNS issue on our domain today I called up Plusnet support to be greeted by the supposed all singing/all dancing phone system with its plefora of options designed to confuse anyone daft enough to try calling Plusnet.

I went through various options and got knowhere, infact It felt I like I was going round in circles so gave up and hungup.

Second attempt after navigating through all the options I ended up at Domain issues only to be greeted with a message telling me to referr to the Plusnet website for help and then it promptly dropped the call. Damn you I yelled!!

Third attempt, same route through the options same advice although this time I also got a Premium number to call which I jotted down.

So armed with the Premium number I called it and was greeted with the message "This service is now closed" WTF its only 5pm!!!!!

All I wanted to do was talk to an agent about an incorrect IP address having been assigned to our MX records and arrange it fixed, it seems Plusnet don't want to talk to its customers so on that assumption I'll take my custom elsewhere as I give up. What with all the issues in the past 12+ months thats it we are leaving Plusnet starting next week hopefully taking 2 biz accounts with us.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Terrible phone system. Plusnet are going to lose customers unless this is sorted... Cry

We have just removed our IVR system at work because they don;t work and are very bad for customer service.

Come on Plus Smiley
N/A

Hi there,

So armed with the Premium number I called it and was greeted with the message "This service is now closed"

Just for info and as per the current Service Status

The Premium rate number is not currently in use.

The issue regarding the MX record is probably best dealt with vis the online help and support system accessible here http://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html and following the path through Technical Support - Domains - Hosting Domains. At this point a pop up window will appear. Close it and you will return to a window which will give you the opportunity to raise a question on your account.

I hope that helps.
N/A

Just for info and as per the current Service Status

The Premium rate number is not currently in use.

No surprise...does anything actually work?

The ticket system is not ideal in the situation as it takes eternity sometimes to get an answer, and thats if the agent understands whats wrong. Times many you end up playing ticket tennis.

All that was needed was a quick chat with an agent to remedy an email issue quickly in mins rather than it take days which is most likely now its the weekend.

Infact where the hecks the ticket system nowadays, all I keep getting is some wizard thingy. What happened to the 'Open New Ticket' feature or is this cleverly hidden now also like the support number?