cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PlusNet's email service good enough ?

N/A

I have 6 email accounts, each with different ISPs, that I check several times each day. I always check them all together and so I have built up a very good feeling for their relative reliability and performance over a few years.

And how do they compare ?

1. RELIABILTY
PlusNet's email service has been unavailable FIVE times more frequently than the worst of the others that I use.
2. CONNECTION TIME
On average, PlusNet's email service takes more than 8 times longer to make the initial connection than the worst of the others that I use.
3. DOWNLOAD PERFORMANCE
On average, PlusNet's email service takes twice as long to download an email of given size than does the worst of the other email services that I use.

So, what can we say to PlusNet ? One thing - in my (agreed, quite subjective and limited) experience, PlusNet's email service is not up to scratch. Notwithstanding the recent frequent problems (which only make th record worse), the service can be regarded as somewhat unreliable, slow to connect and slow to deliver.

I would like PlusNet's engineers to make a special review and effort to improve matters. This action would be of much more value to users than poorly spelt, poorly expressed "Hi Guys ..." emails from the communications team telling us things we do not need to know.

Anyone agree ?

Kenneth Spencer
3 REPLIES
N/A

It used to be good when I first started out with Plusnet, now days its pretty crappy.
N/A

You might be better off getting your email service elsewhere, I've been using iname (now mail.com) for almost a decade and I've never had any need of customer support.

Entrusting your mail to these fuckwits is just madness..
N/A

Up until now PN email has not been an issue for me
An occassional blip but in 4 and a half years its fine
To use another service was just not an issue until this situation and now I read of the problems everyone else has been having it makes me think again