cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PlusNet offl line?

N/A

Is PlusNet offl line?

I went off line about 1/2 an hour ago. Is it just me or did the system fall off it's perch?
29 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Is PlusNet offl line?

No problems for me. All services working.
N/A

Is PlusNet offl line?

It didnt work for me neither AGAIN. This is the 3 time in a matter of weeks this has happened. The first time it was out for 12 hours. But a few hours ago i was dissconnected and I couldnt reconnect. All i got was "Verifying Usernam and Password" for a few mins and then got the reply "No response from the remote computer." So i left it attempting to connect for a few hours and its just recently connected again. But now its VERY VERY slow. It took me almost 10 mins to load up the forums and attempt to post this. Please what is going on this has happened too many times now.
Community Veteran

Is PlusNet offl line?

WHat DNS server are you using. 212.159.13.49 (the primary caching DNS server) is faulty again.

Try manually setting 212.159.13.50 as the primary DNS in your router or in windows and see if it is any better.
N/A

Is PlusNet offl line?

Could you explain to me how to do that please? Never done it before. I dont have a router and i have XP Pro. Thanks.
N/A

Is PlusNet offl line?

WHat DNS server are you using. 212.159.13.49 (the primary caching DNS server) is faulty again.

I haven't seen any reference to this problem recently, when did it first occur?
I am connected via a pay as you go dialing connection now but I'll try your suggestion.
csogilvie
Grafter

Is PlusNet offl line?

Community Veteran

Is PlusNet offl line?

Dialup uses different DNS servers so that will not be your problem - you are probably using 212.159.11.150 or 121.159.13.150. For WinXP/NT/2K In a cmd/dos box enter ipconfig /all which will show the domain name server IPs. For Win9x/Me run winipcfg.

For thr DNS issue see Dodgy DNS at PlusNet?.

To configure DNS in WinXP:

First use the ipconfig command above to see if you are using 212.159.13.49. If not then it's not DNS causing your problem.

This depends on whether your modem is configured as a dialup device or a network device:

For a network device:
Control panel
Network Connections
right click on your connection and select properties
Select TCP/IP and click properties
Click 'use the following DNS servers' and enter
Click OK

For dialup, find the dialup connection icon (don't know where it is as I don;t have dialup) and do something similar to the above looking for where the DNS IP addresses can be configured.
lhorwath
Grafter

Is PlusNet offl line?

Hi there,

Just to advise .49 should be working ok now.

regards

Luke
mike-139
Dabbler

Re: Is PlusNet offl ine?

I went off line about 1/2 an hour ago. Is it just me or did the system fall off it's perch?

Same for me - I was assigned a BT IP address for about 20 minutes around then. I raised a ticket but then redialled and was assigned my usual IP address.

Mike
N/A

Is PlusNet offl line?

Posting later than i wanted to. I got cut off again and have only managed to get back on. I did Ipconfig and it says im using .49 and .50. I changed to .50 but it made no difference. Now that ive reconnected finally it is still at a very very slow pace. I am going to have to call support because it takes me 15 mins just to post here. Its seriously slow now. Evil Cry
pcorker
Grafter

Is PlusNet offl line?

Seems to have been a bit of a curate's egg this pm.
Winipcfg said I was using .49
Can anyone point me to site which explains what all the stuff on winipcfg is and does?
(If not, I suppose I'll just have to search for one Wink )
Pat.
Brickinit
Grafter

Is PlusNet offl line?

adsl seems to be very tempermental tonight maybe it's a geographical thing as i am also on the south coast. also e-mail has been on and off all day
N/A

Is PlusNet offl line?

I too have been having issues with the net/email/online gaming effectively not working.

I've logged 3 support calls, covered all bases and just been told (no longer than 10 mins ago) that no one has heard of the problem, we're all discussing here, at plusnet..... which, I can see now isnt the case and the problem isnt just isolated to me (thank god !!)

Looks like its time to make another call....
N/A

Is PlusNet offl line?

Just got back from the pub. And connected and its back to normal now. For how long I dont know. Hope it doesnt go down again. It was also kicking me off every now and then this afternoon when i finally did get connected. Hopefully it wont again.