cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction and Update

N/A

Introduction and Update

First of let me introduce myself my name is Stewart Norriss and I am the new head of the Plusnet Comms team and I am here to try and ensure that moving forward issues such as this are managed in the way that we all want.

Now an update and some further clarification on all that has gone on here. The decision that we made was not made easily or quickly but we do realise that with hindsight we could have handled this issue differently. We cannot of course manage threads which are constantly opened and rehashed while still providing the level of comms support which we do to the whole user base. Therefore something had to be done, we do however realise that we could have managed it better and to that end we will be making sure that if we come to this point or anything like it again consultation between oursleves and the moderators/users in question is carried out. However in this case the situation is that since speaking to these customers the level and type of posts from them remained the same.
27 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Introduction and Update

Good luck, your going to need it!
N/A

Introduction and Update

Hi Stewart,

Welcome back to the boards.

I look forward to your input as the forums move forwards.
Alecto
Grafter

Introduction and Update

Welcome, Stewart.

Just remember that at the moment, you can't win, so the less you post the less people have to criticise. Cool
N/A

Introduction and Update

And welcom Stewart.

Perhaps you can answer all the questions that haven't been fully answered and tell us how Customer Service will be improved? I take it you accept the level of Customer Service at present is not good enough?

Perhaps you could also tell us how many requests you have had for MAC codes in the last 48 hours too so we can guage the feelings of your customer base?
channel
Grafter

First of let me introduce myself my name is Stewart Norriss and I am the new head of the Plusnet Comms team

What happened to Dave?

However in this case the situation is that since speaking to these customers the level and type of posts from them remained the same.

Hardly surprising given that when "speaking to them" you provided them with a fait accompli (ie: a MAC code.) Why not try a more concilliatory approach?
N/A

Introduction and Update

Lets hope that in the background some negotiation is going on to defuse this situation. Smiley
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Introduction and Update

Dave's on holiday. He's never been the head of the comms team, he's just a "normal" member like me, and like Bob used to be.
Alecto
Grafter

Introduction and Update

What's happened to Bob then?
Community Veteran

Introduction and Update

indeed this place is starting to remind me of George Orwell's Animal Farm...
channel
Grafter

Introduction and Update

Dave's on holiday. He's never been the head of the comms team, he's just a "normal" member like me, and like Bob used to be.

Good decision by Dave! Wink

Who was the previous head of the comms team, that Stewart replaced?
Community Veteran

Introduction and Update

Ian Wild
csogilvie
Grafter

Introduction and Update

What's happened to Bob then?

I think he's doing Training now...
LiamM
Grafter

Introduction and Update

Would be good to have Bob, Luke and Josh back too.... but Comms team members quickly tend to move on to apparently bigger and better things.

Who is your boss Stew? Is it Carol?
N/A

However in this case the situation is that since speaking to these customers the level and type of posts from them remained the same.

since speaking to them, wade and simon have only posted on one thread, and most of them posts were just telling us what was going on. If that is the level of positing that will get you terminated then you'd best start looking up my (and a lot others) phone number. none of the mods have had a problem with their posts in the last two days, why not let them decide what is out of order?