cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down for nearly a month... FAO jamesbailey

N/A

Regarding my fault question no. 20955695 our internet has been down for nearing a month. Apparently the reason for this is due to when i moved house, as apparenly BT didn't do something at their end and eventually deleted our ADSL account. This all sounds a little strange though as the internet worked fine at my new address for nearly 3 months! I don't understand why it takes this long to fix our account with BT or create a new one if need be as i'm sure its a lot quicker than this to get the internet up and running if you're a new customer! I can't get through on the phone (unless i've got a spare 3 hours to listen to songs such as 'Car Wash' or something by 'Seal') and when i'm supposed to get a response on the online fault tracking query i either get the same 'sorry, check tomorrow' or nothing at all. Can someone take a look at question and actually breakdown whats whrong (ie why it worked and then didn't) and why it is taking so long.

Thanks
17 REPLIES
James
Grafter

On the assumption that your details are correct at our end, I can confirm that there is definitely no broadband service on that telephone number (ending 1626).

Have you been given any indication as to why exactly service was removed from your telephone line?
N/A

i'll copy and paste what they told me on 9th January

BT have advised that the original order from October was canceled by them in error, however this was not reflected by their systems which is why we were led to believe the order had been completed successfully. We have not submitted an order to them as a CRF (customer requirement form) we will check in 48 hours to ensure that it is progressing.
James
Grafter

Right.

We have not submitted an order to them as a CRF (customer requirement form) we will check in 48 hours to ensure that it is progressing.

That looks like a typo which should say "we have now" which suggests that we have sent them a manual order form which should result in their (BT) processing an order for you shortly.
N/A

how long does something like this usually take?

cheers for your help by the way
N/A

still no update on my fault number 20955695....
James
Grafter

Hi,

I've just asked Adam in our Provisioning Team to chase this for you. He's one of our most senior Prov guys and knows pretty much everything there is to know.

It's a pretty bizarre fault though for BT to do what they have done.
N/A

thanks James.

Yeah its its weird one... don't suppose there is anyway of me contacting the right people in BT to chase them is there?
James
Grafter

Afraid not. BT Wholesale will only speak to their customers (ie: us).
N/A

yeah thought it might be the case, ah well, thanks again
N/A

how longHuh is this normal? our internet went down before xmas!

Dear Mr Skinner,
We have now placed a provide order on your new line. Your broadband will be enabled on: 23/01/2007
James
Grafter

Unfortunately so.

This suggests that BT botched up the manual order request that we sent them and have now placed a fresh order which takes 5 working days to complete.

I'd have no issues refunding you for your period of downtime once you're up and running again.
N/A

that was going to be my next question lol. SHould i come through here to get the refund? or should i attempt the phone line?
James
Grafter

Raise a ticket for my attention once you're up and running again.
N/A

Thanks James, you've been a lot of help!