cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection

N/A

Internet connection

I am using a BT Voyager 2100 Wireless Router for one PC and a laptop. The wireless connections are excellent. Until recently they have been working well. Currently when I shut down one day and boot up the next the internet fails to connect. Standard practice to reconnect is to close the router and disconnect the telephone line - after an hour the connection is resumed. Any suggestions about this problem.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Internet connection

You may get a better responce in "Community Support", so I have moved your post there.

Jonathan
aka Chilly
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Internet connection

Hi,

When you're trying to connect are you still able to get to the router's config page? I'm wondering if it's the connection between the PC and router or between the router and us. If you can access the router then what's the status of the ADSL light? I'm assuming this is more likely the problem because of the unplugging the phone line and that the ADSL light is flashing.

These are worth a read through to see if anything helps:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

and

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10

If they don't then please reply back with what the status of the lights and router config are and if it ever drops at any other time and we'll see what we can do.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Internet connection

Assuming you are able to access the router's config pages then does it give an error message when you try to connect? What lights show on the router itself when you have the problem?
N/A

Internet connection

Fault occured again today on startup. Shows error report no. 0x800CCC0D Socket error 1101. DSL light is constant but wireless light blinks - normally constant when operating correctly other than receiving data. Card shown is (0011) ASUS 802 11b/g wireless lan card with connection 00:11:F5:14:5C:91. When connected all works OK.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Internet connection

Is this a problem with your email rather than the actual internet connection? The error message 0x800CCC0D would indicate this.
When the problem occurs are you able to browse to any websites?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Internet connection

Until I disconnect and reconnect there is no internet access. In the IP configuration is there any significance in the Lease Obtained at date of entry and expiry one day later?
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Internet connection

Until I disconnect and reconnect there is no internet access. In the IP configuration is there any significance in the Lease Obtained at date of entry and expiry one day later?

None, this is normal behaviour for DHCP and will only apply to your internal IP address in any case.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Internet connection

Next time this happens can you go to address 192.168.1.1 in your web browser and see what it says for connection status.

(Might need to log in with "admin" and "admin" before you make any changes or to see some screens)
N/A

Internet connection

A check on the IP address in my web browser indicates that this is the link for Linksys brand broadband routers. Presumably BT Voyager comes under that heading. Problem continues and I have to disconnect and reconnect each day - very irritating as I am sure there is a simple answer somewhere.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Internet connection

Hi,

Two of the last 3 disconnections happened around 3:30am. Does that help at all? The reason shows as "user request" for each so if you weren't using the connection at that time then it looks like the router is dropping the connection for some reason. Most likely cause is some kind of time out setting, it's worth checking through all the router setup pages to see if there's a setting that's doing it.