cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent loss of browsing - Netgear DG834G

N/A

I've been having this problem for a couple of months, and it's getting increasingly irritating.

I'm using a Netgear DG834G V1 ADSL router, which connects fine and stays connected. However, every now and again (and sometimes very frequently) I lose the ability to browse the internet - Firefox comes back and says the site cannot be found. However, the router says it connected, pings still work, e-mail still works, it's just browsing.

The only cure seems to be to reboot the router, which is disruptive and not easy if the technophobes are home alone.

i've been using the V3 firmware, and not geting sync errors. Have reverted to V2 to see if that's the issue. I'm not quite confident enough that it's a problem with the router to buy another just to see - but what else could it be?

Aid
3 REPLIES
Saturn
Grafter

Sounds like something to do with the DNS servers you are using.

How is your Router set up? Mine is set to get the server addresses automatically from PN (Basic Settings Page > Domain Name Server (DNS) Addresses >Get Automatically From ISP).
N/A

How is your Router set up? Mine is set to get the server addresses automatically from PN

It was set to the DNS PlusNet recommend - I've changed it to the automatic setting and will see what hapens.

Aid
N/A

when you lose connection are you using wireless?? if so may try upgrading your firmware.i had something similar happern to me, upgraded the firmware an all sorted