cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving?

N/A

Interleaving?

I think I have had maxdsl given, turned on whatever. My speeds are rubbish and there is nothing I can do about this. Im now stuck at a 500 kbs accounts (big deal), for stability

How do I know if I have had interleaving switched on and will switching it off improve anything?
18 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Interleaving?

That's nothing to do with interleaving. That will be likely to BT's BRAS profile restricting your speed to 500kbps. This is part of BT's Dynamic Line Management and is dependant on the stability and quality of your telephone line. It normally readjusts within 3 days.
N/A

Interleaving?

James, could you tell me where to find the Interleave setting tool on the portal, please?
N/A

Interleaving?

James,

Thanks. The problem is I pester PN to get on to BT, BT ring me and play all dumb and tell me things should get better and they dont. A BT technician told me last week that I should be able to get about 2.5mb but the speed wont pick up from 500kbs. He remapped the circuit and 10 mins later things jumped from 190 - 600kbs.
gavinriches

*Bump* Am looking for the interleaving tool as well !

*Bump* Am looking for the interleaving tool as well !
N/A

Interleaving?

Apparently, it appears at the end with all the other tool icons when you click Connection Settings in the side navbar.

I'm told that it only appears if you have been manually set to Interleave On.
James
Grafter

Interleaving?

As per above Wink
N/A

Interleaving?

I'm told that it only appears if you have been manually set to Interleave On.

Why? we all know the risks, i'd like to try interleaving off, especialy as it was off before i was maxed( and perfectly stable), and as i got no speed increase at all i don't see why i need it on now.
I want my good pings back!
James
Grafter

Interleaving?

We're trying to get a report from BT, to let us know all of our customers that have had interleaving applied, so that we can add the button to their accounts.
N/A

Interleaving?

Thank you for that info James Smiley
N/A

Interleaving?

We're trying to get a report from BT, to let us know all of our customers that have had interleaving applied, so that we can add the button to their accounts.

James,

Is it possible for you to obtain a delta report from BT please on my account, its like wading through treacle talking to them. Im not sure why I have toHuhHuh
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Interleaving?

Hi,

The last report is showing as 576 (dated 14/08/2006 15:05:03), which is actually higher than it has been earlier this month. What speed is the line sync'd at now?
N/A

Interleaving?

Rx 2848
Tx 448
N/A

Interleaving?

just to add to this forum, I changed my MTU to 1430 from 1500 and my speed has gone from 6MB to 8MB Smiley
N/A

Interleaving?

if customers tell you that they have interleaving turned on and have no button, can't you then put the button on these customers conection setting page.