cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving

N/A

Interleaving

A couple of questions if I may:

1. How do I tell if my connection is interleaved? Is it possible to find out without querying my modem stats (because I can't - it seems the software doesn't work with DSLMax)?

2. I presently use a modem and not a router. I don't want or need to keep my computer powered up all the time so if I power down the modem goes down too and obviously I lose the connection. Since the Max regrade I've made a point of leaving the pc powered up as much as possible, but I'd rather not leave it on if say I'm away from home for a while. I'm also needing to mess with hard drives and various peripheral cards in my machine meaning frequent excursions under the hood with the power off. I'm worried all this downtime will be interpreted as poor syncing leading to interleaving being enabled (if it hasn't been already). Should I be worried?
1 REPLY
N/A

Interleaving

As far as I know you can only check in your router settings. However ask a CS Rep and they could be able to tell you.

As for constantly switching off your computer; It sounds like that could cause you to be placed on interleaving as BT may think you have an unstable line (which is what interleving is placed on the line for)

Apparently its healthy for your PC/Router/Modem to be shutdown every few days during the trials so they can estimate your connection speed better. But constant powering down may have adverse effects.