cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving

N/A

Interleaving

With DSL Max upgrades imminent, how will Plusnet be handling the interleaving ?

I've heard that interleaving would increase latency within the circuits, not good for gamers.

Will it be set to 'auto' by default or will there be an option prior to upgrade ? ... and what's the charge for changing ?

Chris
5 REPLIES
N/A

Interleaving

Apologies for answering myself , take a look at Newnets FAQ

http://www.newnet.co.uk/broadband/adslmaxfaq.php

I guess Plusnet will issue a similar statement on interleaving soon.
N/A

Interleaving

It'd certainly be good if PN published an FAQ for 8Mbps. The only one they've got is now old/out-of-date and talks about the BT Trial for 8Mbps http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/8Mb.shtml

I was expecting an updated FAQ to come online when the portal was redone the other night and all the new products were launched, but it seems to have been overlooked.
Community Veteran

Interleaving

IMO an FAQ is most definately needed.

There are way to many threads on here atm about the faster speeds to keep track of; we need an FAQ outlining:

How the orders are being placed.
Is there a queue jump.
What is the expected effect on the network.
What's going on with other wholesalers

etc.
____

Get out clause: I'd happily complile one but I don't know the answers!
Community Veteran

Interleaving

Hi howland

I was not aware of the "interleave" situation, so thanks for bringing it up!

I would prefer to set "interleave" to "OFF" and then if stability was a problem, reduce the line rate down a notch or two!

Rather an 2MB connection with typically sub 60ms pings than an 8MB connection with pings typically approaching/above 100ms! Wink

*EDIT* Above I am refering to particular game servers I often use being typicaly sub 60ms at the moment.
N/A

Interleaving

Depends on what you need the internet for, if your browsing and collecting e-mail might as well leave interleave on, its not going to have any real impact. However if your using it for gaming and the like then probably better having it off.