cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

N/A

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Well, it is still happening, I thought BT/Plusnet had sorted this out.

Anyway, I raised a ticket to have interleaving turned off and received a reply stating that interleaving is now OFF. But, no surprise, interleaving is still ON, sigh...the ticket tennis commences.

I now have this reply:

"Dear Mr *********,
Please check status of interleaving in WOOSH. Unable to test via BTW as unable to test the circuit."

Erm...ok...

Is this directed at me or internal, no idea, it certainly addreses me?

Anyway, why the need for more tests? Interleaving is ON, I know this for a fact, my modem stats tell me so, and my pings reflect this, so please get BT to sort it out and switch interleaving OFF my line.

[Bangs head on wall]
19 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Hi,

Although it doesn't look like it, the reply is aimed at the faults guys, I'll have a word with the agent about that later.

The reason for the woosh test is try and determine which part of the process hasn't worked, whether the order to turn off interleaving for some reason didn't work or whether the BT interleaving bug is still in effect here. If woosh shows the line still interleaved then we should be able to just get another order placed to turn it off, if it shows as off then it needs raising with our account manager to get this sorted (they keep finding problems with the DSLAM equipment which doesn't recognise the change in the interleave status.)
N/A

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Thanks, Dave. Hopefully this can be sorted out soon as the extra ms pings push me over the limit on a lot of US servers.

I have no doubt whatsoever that interleaving is still applied.
My line was interleaved before and shows as Interleaved in my modem stats, when interleaving is OFF it shows as Fast. Also I have gained 20ms on my usual pings.
James
Grafter

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

I can confirm that BT are aware that this is still a problem and still being looked in.
N/A

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

I think I have the same problem on my line (ticket 2093878Cool - can anyone confirm?

I've been waiting since 10th November.

Is this a general problem affecting every attempt to turn off interleaving or just a few specific cases?
James
Grafter

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

I'm afraid that I'm not sure if it is every order, I imagine it is only sleect cases.

However, we still haven't had any progress apart from BT acknowledging that this is a problem.
flyer99
Grafter

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Well your not the only ones
I am having great difficulty getting mine switched off.
Latest from plusnet is BT says its off.
some quotes from my ticket;
Thats odd, as the BT order has definitely completed (the due date was 22/12/06) and the only delta report we've ever recieved on your line shows the profile as 'fast'
Re-checked with BT and this circuit has Interleaving set to "no".
However our database had this down as enabled therefore this has bveen updated to match BT records. Please let us know if you are having further issues.

Dont know why it ever got turned on as my line has always been stable? Used to sync at 8MB but since interleaving appeared it only syncs at 7162 and plusnet say my profile is set at 6.5? Thats a meg difference!
Heres to hoping it will get resolved one day.

PS I quite happy with the times and respones I have had to my tickets from the CSC.

Regards
Nick
James
Grafter

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Nick,

I'll ask Sarah to raise this directly with BT for you.
flyer99
Grafter

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Hi James
Thanks very much.
N/A

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Hi James,

Could you also look into my case please? Interleaving is definately on on my line, but the Whoosh test claims it is off.

It sounds like you should report this to BT as a fault on the line.

Thanks.
James
Grafter

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Hi,

Are you trying to get interleaving turned on for your line?
flyer99
Grafter

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Cheesy
Well this morning interleaving finally got turned off. It seems there was some confusion between 2 different BT systems.
Its taken 10ms off my ping times and my modem is again syncing at the full 8MB.

Nick
N/A

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Is it worth submitting a request to have interleaving turned off on one of my accounts yet?

I'd like it turned off on account hpcltd, but I don't want to end up playing ticket tennis to try and get it turned off if something goes wrong.
James
Grafter

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Yeah, raise the ticket and let me know if you have any problems.
N/A

Interleaving 'Off' Bug

Ticket raised - ID: 21065252

(Account hpcltd)

Ta.