cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting thread on ADSLGuide

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Anyone unhappy about the SUP changes and wants out should read this topic on ADSLGuide
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
6 REPLIES
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Cheers for the ref elvin Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Hope it helps you.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Interesting.

I think a great answer to this is everyone should have a MAC linked to their phone number (just like a meter point refernce for gas/electric/water/phone etc) and that MAC can be given to any new supplier (again just like gas/electric/water /phone etc) when we want to.

The fact we have to wait on the whim of a private company is very unfair.

Not that I'm waiting for a MAC nor am I leaving Plus. However, if I did I would want to move anytime I wanted and let Plus chase me for any monies.

That is how the rest of private industry works and that's what we should have for MAC codes.
N/A

Interesting.

I think a great answer to this is everyone should have a MAC linked to their phone number (just like a meter point refernce for gas/electric/water/phone etc) and that MAC can be given to any new supplier (again just like gas/electric/water /phone etc) when we want to.

Isn't that called a CBUK number? Each line has one when ADSL was provisioned on it. They used to use a form of it before MAC codes, but MAC codes were bought in to improve migration and speed it up, and make it all better for the customer.
N/A

Isn't that called a CBUK number?

No idea TBH. What I do know is one of my referrals (up to 2mb, BB+ £14.99) from August 2005 enquired yesterday about leaving and was told a price of £83.75 would have to be paid.

If I moved electricty company and was due the old company money then any claim of due monies would not affect the move to a new supplier. The old company would have to chase for it.

That sounds best for the consumer.
N/A

You are aware that even though plus.net complys with the migration code policy, they are not actually listed with OFCOM as a member of the scheme.

So technically, they could just tell everyone to shove their MACs up.....er.. somewhere and tell you that you won't be getting one :S