cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting facts about LLU

N/A

Hi all,

Was trolling through adslguide and read the following (part of a post from James Bailey)

"Another issue some customers have raised is the lack of an opt-out facility; we appreciate why this is desirable for some customers; however we are committed to moving batches of customers many weeks in advance which means providing an opt-out is not possible. We migrate customers in batches so that once we have a certain number of customers on each exchange we can ensure that the exchange is upgraded to ADSL2+, thus allowing speeds of up to 16-24Mbps. Obviously this will be a major advantage to many customers"

Note this means that if your exchange is Tiscali enabled (and possibly if it's due to be enabled) you will not be maxed until they have sufficient no.s to do a batch, This number is known to PN but they won't tell us.
So forget about queue jumping, forget about time spent as a customer with PN you won't get done until enough people are available.

This leads to a few questions:

What happens if there aren't enough PN customers on a particular exchange?

What is the trigger point and since PN obviously know when they 're going to upgrade a batch as they "are commited to moving batches many weeks ahead",why can't they tell the people affected in advance? Scared they'll migrate? Or don't you give a damn about keeping people informed about what's happening to their connection?

The sad thing is that beacause of the appalling way this and other recent changes have been handled I'm immidiately seeing the negative side of this - PN you need to start sorting yourselfs out and giving people the information they deserve - afterall they pay your wages.

DinAlt
6 REPLIES
N/A

DinAlt,

As an update to that you are now able to opt out of being LLU upgraded. There currently isnt an option on the wizard but if you raise a normal ticket and make it clear what it is you are wanting they should make sure your not LLU upgraded.

( sorry if this doesnt tackle some of your querie, im trying read and type whilst in agony lol ).
N/A

DinAlt,

As an update to that you are now able to opt out of being LLU upgraded

That's all very well, but in some cases, the order has been sent to Tiscali long before the customer has twigged, and it is too late to request an opt-out.

If there aren't enough customers on an exchange to fill the requisite number of migration slots, then from what I can gather off the Comms chaps, migrations to Tiscali LLU won't ocurr.

With regards to your other question - when migration slots do become available on an exchange, then Tiscali tell PN about this, and then something else obviously happens with plusnet submitting line details to Tiscali. Learning from their previous mistake :roll: apparently, plusnet will now notify customers by email as soon as they are submitted to Tiscali. However as we know, what they say and what they do sometimes turn out to be different things Wink
N/A

We were assured, quite categorically, on this forum that there would be an option to opt out of LLU before you were transferred, even if you didn't pre-register your desire to opt out in advance.

Is this still the case? The thread so far would appear to indicate that it isn't. Was this yet ANOTHER LIE from plus net?
N/A

Hi,

I know you can opt out of being LLUed - what I've never seen is a concrete response to whether you will actually "max" anyone who hasn't accepted the LLU.

Also it doesn't answer the point that since PN obviously know WHO's going to be LLuled and WHEN, why can't they tell us in advance
And don't say we inform people by e-mail
1. They haven't been doing so far
2. What use are e-mails atm since their e-mail provision is totally unreliable
3. I don't want to know a day or week before I want to know AS SOON AS YOU DO - I'm paying for the service so I should be notified so I can make an informed decision (or to be honest I can stop checking the synch rate on my router).

The above points are just simple customer service/satisfaction PN should have learnt by now that over promising and underdelivering is what has got them into this mess. Try being transparent about the issues rather than telling us the same old tired lines. I've been told at least three times that PN can't tell me when I'm being regraded - the original post shows this is just not true..

Oh a further point how about publishing an offiicial up to date list of tiscali exchanges with completion dates - I've seen two lists neither of which give a completion date for my exchange, and neither of which have been confirmed as complete or official. Without this information how can people make a choice about LLU?
(By completion date I mean when the exchange will go live as a Tiscali site - although I think you should add the anticipated batch migration for each exchange too).

Sorry to hear you're in pain Tomspcs - hope it's nothing too serious.

DinAlt
N/A

Hi,

I know you can opt out of being LLUed - what I've never seen is a concrete response to whether you will actually "max" anyone who hasn't accepted the LLU.

Max? Do you mean to say that you think PlusNet won't "upgrade" customers to MaxDSL (a BTW product) in future if they have opted out of the LLU transfer? Unless PlusNet were being deceitful and spiteful (which I can't really see happening, TBH) then no. Max and Tiscalli LLU are completely unrelated; 2 different products altogether. In fact, if you've opted out for LLU then there's no reason why you couldn't potentially be upgraded to BTW dslMAX even quicker.

Also it doesn't answer the point that since PN obviously know WHO's going to be LLuled and WHEN, why can't they tell us in advance
And don't say we inform people by e-mail

Granted, they probably do know well in advance, long before they submit an order even. But as far as I know (and from what I have seen) PN have started to email customers as soon as orders are submitted to Tiscali. Obviously in most cases, this is the point of no return, as PN have effectively committed to that order. People need to a) check their default "postmaster" email account more regularly, and b) the other email address they have registered.
shellsong
Grafter

Did you manage to extract all the chair out of yourself, Tom, or do you need to go to a CyberFactory for "upgrading"? Tongue

More on topic, I think PlusNet would prefer to move people on to LLU because of lower bandwidth costs but I doubt if they will drag their heels over people who want MaxDSL rather than LLU at this juncture-- particularly since they will want to optimise the use of the BT Centrals they already pay for! Wink