cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Messaging to Support

N/A

Instant Messaging to Support

A lot of companies are now providing instant messaging as a method for customers to communicate problems or gain advice.
Although its nice to speak to someone in person over the phone, I would find it helpful to be able to communicate via instant messaging as an alternative.
Being on hold on the phone for long periods while waiting to speak to someone is very disruptive, and for the duration, your limited to what you can do as you need to listen out for a support person answering your call.
I know we can raise calls via the portal, but the response time can sometimes take days.
Maybe if instant messaging was introduced it would provide a method of asking a question which allowed the customer to be more relaxed while they waited. Especially if while their waiting to communicate with someone you could provide their place in the queue.
I know I could at least carry on working while waiting to have someone acknowledge me and all i'd have to do is keep an eye on the call position indicator.
I dont know if anyone else would find this a useful altenative than pressing a phone against their ear for 45 mins.