cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight sells up & Plusnet move closer to BT Retail

N/A

Saw this on The Register http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/12/14/plusnet_bt_mou/

'Insight Direct, the UK arm of US reseller giant Insight Enterprises, has raised around £15.8m by selling its remaining 45 per cent stake in Sheffield-based ISP PlusNet ... as PlusNet announced it was snuggling up to BT Retail to "work together and share technical knowledge on the development and marketing of each other's proposed new broadband products and services'

Does this mean that Plusnet/F9 are looking to get sold to / absorbed into BT Openworld (or whatever they're called these days)?

Iain
3 REPLIES
antdav
Grafter

Oh blikin 'eck I hope not

!... not BEEETEEEE OpenWorld!

I've spent the last few months telling all my friends & colleagues to leave BT!!
N/A

A bit more from the same Register article:
Said PlusNet chief exec Lee Strafford: "This is a strong endorsement of PlusNet's technical expertise and evidence that PlusNet is an integral part of BT Retail's strategy going forward
Integral? Just how integral? Wink

I like that "going forward". If it hadn't been for that I might have thought BT Retail's strategy was going backward. Mmm ...
N/A

BT BROKEN WORLD

OH!! No!! NOT BT BROKEN WORLD!!!

Please Force9 DONT go there??

Please!! No DONT DO ITHuh If F9 becomes part of BTO then that will be a sad day and the day I leave as a customer and find pastures new. Please dont do it

Ivan