cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inside 45 days and now worried.

N/A

Hi
Can someone from plusnet answer a question for me please. I am currently still inside my 45 day ( sort of get out of jail free plus expenses ) time. I am not a heavy user and probably never will be and by default have agreed to the new t&c. My worry is that the new SUP figures will drop lower than they are now. Is this likely to happen in the near future or can i go on enjoying my rock solid high speed connection.

Cheers.
20 REPLIES
N/A

They'll say no, but they can change their mind at any time. Can't really believe their answer, although that's fair enough, nobody can really predict the climate 6 months down the line...
Pathfinder
Grafter

Re: Inside 45 days and now worried.

I am not a heavy user and probably never will be

Then you have nothing to worry about. You say you have a rock solid connection so just keep on enjoying it.

Cool
N/A

@danbuckley

Thanks.

Hope I get a reasonable answer. Am thinking of migrating now and paying the hardware and connection costs than getting trapped in a year long constantly changing contract.
Pathfinder
Grafter

Am thinking of migrating now

But to where and why? I doubt you will ever get near any limits.
N/A

@weyoftheweb

The connection is great. Can't fault that. Just been so many changes recently you wonder where it will end.
rammie1976
Grafter

@weyoftheweb

The connection is great. Can't fault that. Just been so many changes recently you wonder where it will end.

I agree, so if money is no object move?

I have some dis-satisfactions but on the whole can't fault the service....so why move? Better the devil you know! :lol:
N/A

I don't think the "better the devil you know" phrase holds water here.

You aint got a clue what they'll do/change into tomorrow Cheesy
Pathfinder
Grafter

Just been so many changes recently

True but it is a sign of the times. Have any of the changes affected you? I consider myself a moderate to heavy user and haven't been affected in the 15 months I have been here. Like you my connection is very good, my free 2MB upgrade works a treat so why worry about it!
Pathfinder
Grafter

You aint got a clue what they'll do/change into tomorrow Cheesy

But why are you sure the next ISP will not bring in new limits/T&C's/changes tomorrow or next week or next month?

They all will you know as they have to stay profitable. With everyone hammering bittorrent 24/7, games and streaming music and video something has to give.
N/A

Thank you all for the replies. Starting to feel the lurve. Will see how things go.

Cheesy
N/A

The only thing that will have to give in the end is BT and the UK government.

Sure, the next ISP (in my case f2s) probably will eventually make changes, and as you say, provisions are made in the T&Cs of most ISPs. However, I prefer to pay my money to an ISP that has moved FORWARD - i.e increased limits on it's product from 50GB to 100Gb to unlimited, rather than constantly changing to the detriment of customers. I understand that a lot of ISPs will have to change, it's the fact that +Net have done so several times this year already that makes me wonder how far they'll go.
Pathfinder
Grafter

Starting to feel the lurve.

Heh, you sound like a regular now Cheesy
N/A

Looks like i'll be here for a while yet. All aboard the lurve boat. Cheesy
Pathfinder
Grafter

The only thing that will have to give in the end is BT and the UK government.

True and the fact I still recieve spam email from a BT email account I ditched nearly 2 years ago doesn't exactly fill me with hope.

i.e increased limits on it's product from 50GB to 100Gb to unlimited

Out of curiosity have you been stung by the new limits at plus.net? As I said earlier I reckon I'm a moderate to heavy user and still stay under the limits.