cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial choice of user name

N/A

Both I and a friend have recently registered with plusnet and both chose a username related to our first and second names. Did we miss some information? Now and additional emails are of the form

somename@firstnamesecondname.plus.com

which is not exactly useful for other family users.

Suggestion: Warn of this possibility at registration. :idea:

Is it possible to change your username? :?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

If you run back through the singup process you'll see it is in red writing next to the box you choose your username in that:

a) It can't be changed and

b) It forms part of your e-mail address (an example is given or the format email addresses take).
Community Veteran

Richard; is there any possibility that the changing of usernames could be looked into going forward. I would love the ability to change my username but can't unless I leave PN and resign up - which is more hassle than it's worth.
Community Veteran

The issue of changing usernames crops up from time to time but the same reasons why it can't be done still exist...

The username is the key piece of info that ties so many different internal systems together that changing it would involve so much development work that it would not be cost effective to do for the small number of people that actaually request this.

However, there is a simple solution for emails: Create a free dialup paygo account using the name of your choice and use that for you email account. As long as you access your free account POP3 mailbox at least every 90 days, the free account will remain active.
N/A

As has been said there are various reasons we can't do this and further to other suggestions you could also add a domain name (on most account types) from £1 per month for a .co.uk or host any you allready have free of charge.
holdtight
Grafter

Ditto Daniel !!!