cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ingame ping

Azagoth
Grafter

Ingame ping

Last month I swapped over to PAYG from BB+ due to the slow speed problem. I was led to believe that PAYG is a superior product for gaming.

However, since swapping my pings have skyrockted. Earlier tonight I was seeing a ping of 500ms+ in Guild Wars which quite frankly is ridiculous. It's gotten to a point where the ping in certain games is getting me kicked from servers. Not to mention the fact that some games I pay a monthly fee for and just can't use due to the sheer amount of lag.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Ingame ping

Yeah, that's gotta suck. PAYG should absolutely be the best product for gaming. Well, the best product for pretty much anything!

Is this the first time you've seen this?
Is it a one off?
Did you notice any improvement if you were to reboot and hop onto a different pipe?
Does it happen on other games too?
Mark64uk
Grafter

Ingame ping

Ive just had a quick run round the guild hall in game and start up ping was 1400ms then it settled to about 3-400 then the average was 700. Thing is it doesn't really effect my game may but ive not tried it with big multilayer games tonight.

One thing to note there isnt a rule set up for GW on the list

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52984

Id go thought the process of having them added by submitting a ticket but i wouldnt know where to start as there are so meny servers ect and the districts US and EU

Mark
Snarf
Grafter

Ingame ping

On Guild Wars, I believe the servers you connect to (whether they be in an English or whatever district) are still located in the US, so don't expect pings to be spectacular. Mine are regularly around what you've quoted.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Ingame ping

Hi,

Can you do a comparison ping and tracert outside the game? Could be that if there isn't a signature it isn't being picked up correctly (and if not raise a ticket with the port details and IP addresses of the servers it uses if applicable and we can look into it) or it could be a problem elsewhere which a tracert may highlight.
Azagoth
Grafter

Ingame ping

Pings outside of Guild Wars are 30ish, ingame they are 200+, sometimes as high as 1500+!

I don't know if it'll help as I'm not exactly savvy with all this, but the IP range for the servers is :-

206.127.144.0 - 206.127.159.255