cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on free upgrades.

N/A

Hello, I know I will probably not get the response I am after but could someone tell me when I will get my speed upgrade? I am in Wallasey on the Wirral. Every single person I know has had there free 2 meg upgrade excpt me! I am the only plusnet user everyone keeps telling me to migrate to the other companies and at first i was happy but now i really am starting to wonder, will it ever happen?

can some one give me an exact date?
86 REPLIES
N/A

Don't hold your breath. Could be August 2005,could be August 2006. Your guess is as good as PN......
N/A

But every other ISP has completed there upgrades in the area excpet PN. I have phoned around other ISP's and it wont cost me anything to migrate.

My Question:

Why should I stay with PN when they cant get therse upgrades sorted and EVERY other ISP has?

i would appreciate an answer from PN employee
N/A

I have just raised a ticket for my upgrade. This is the reply I received:

"All orders are expected to be complete by August. If yours hasn't been done by this time, it is suggested that your line is not capable for 2Mb.

Regards,
Tony Thompson"

As I'm only a few hundred metres from the exchange and my router stats are well within the spec for 2Mb, I'll take it as read that I will be receiving my upgrade in the next 4 days !!!!!
N/A

Ah but notice they did not say which August. :lol:
N/A

My exchange was originally planned (and still shows as) being upgraded in April. I saw another topic where someone had a theory as to why a lot of the April upgrades never took place, since surely if there were delays you'd still expect them to perform the upgrades on the first planned exchanges first!!!
PhillipH
Grafter

well this you might find strange :

I have 4 friends who all live in carlisle, and who are all on the same dslam number. All of them now have 2meg speed, and im the only one who is still waiting. whats more, they were all initially told their line couldnt take 2meg yet their router stats say they could :p

doesnt that suck lol

if i move to another isp would i still be in the same boat? :?
N/A

No upgrade through Plusnet

Yes I have noticed the same pattern here everyone I talk to about BB speed turns out to be on at least 2mb on our exchange 1mb minimum.
My line should be suitable being less than half a mile away and having a 30 & 31db noise figure. The exchange is booked for a July 2005 upgrade with previous months that were mentioned come and gone!
Come on Plusnet do some chasing get some fingers out or loose another customer to another ISP.
PhillipH
Grafter

to be honest ive had absolutely no problem with plus net over the years ive been with them until recently and would recommend them no problem.

However, they do appear (or is it bt at fault?) to have problems when it comes to speed upgrades.

Maybe out of 1k customers only a very small percentage have problems, and thats just life i guess.

i dont even know if pn are to blame. so for now ill take it on the chin for awhile longer and blame bt :-)

it is kinda disapointing to have to wait a long time for useful replies on tickets.
N/A

Well i started this thread expecting to get an answer on why we have not been upgraded when EVERY OTHER ISP HAVE. Notice not one single PLUSNET Employee has responded to my thread. i put this to you PN every other ISP using BT have managed to upgrade ALL there customers bar PN. you have 1 month before you loose this customer.

Replys appreciated.
N/A

Lack of communication

I agree with the above

Seems to be a lack of urgency or any commuication from the plus net people.

Wake up plus net or your customers will start to leave in droves
N/A

I agree with you guys that the lack of information from Plus Net on this matter is frustrating.

The number of missed or delayed upgrades affecting Plus Net does seem to be extraordinary.

Perhaps an indication of why so many have been missed and what Plus Net are doing to sort it might be of help.

At the end of the day Plus Net are paying BT for this process, if that was a company being paid to work for me I would be on them like a rash over this and informing my clients what was happening. People delayed or missed from April / May without any explaination is not good.
N/A

I am starting to get wound up now, i actually think our service is getting slower.
PLUSNET EMPLOYEE's Today Saturday. I am looking at alternative ISP's, unless i get a positive response to my post.
N/A

Find another ISP, request your migration/MAC number thru "contact us".

Dont be suprised if u get an answer then, especially when they phone u up to ask u why u are leaving.
N/A

Back in march/april did plus net originally tell bt to delay upgrading their customers untill the F.U.P was in place? I'm sure i heard that somewhere.