Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect traffic management profile

N/A

Incorrect traffic management profiles
-------------------------------------------------

We have identified and resolved the root cause of this problem and any customers with the wrong profiles were corrected last week. We have not seen any further examples since the problem was resolved, although are continuing to monitor this to ensure there are no further issues.

Accounts not updated to new version of VMBU

Can someone at plusnet tell me if i am on the right "traffic management profile"?

How long those it take to check, and if it is wrong.

How long does it take to change?
14 REPLIES
N/A

Do i not get support from my ISP?
craign
Grafter

Have you called support or asked a question via the support pages?

These forums are self help, with occasional contributions from Plusnet staff; they are not an official support channel.
N/A

yes i have raised a ticket thankyou, but for some reason plusnet have selective reading, they read what i told them about me logging in to my brothers account and put a stop to that, but missed the part about incorrect traffic management profile that i have.

So they read my reply but didn't respond with an answer, ignorance is bliss eh?
N/A

I have to do yet more speed test to see if i am being affected by peak and off peak management.

Yet what does that mean, i shouldn't be on any of this with my account type.
N/A

can someone please at plusnet tell me what profile i am on, still on 15k download speeds here.

Lets get the ball rolling here folks...

Ticket number: ID: 19466233

Speed Test Results

Downstream 129.7 Kbps ( = 0.1 Mbps )
Upstream 62.6 Kbps ( = 0.1 Mbps )

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=11487467204804519823
N/A

Date Speed Achieved (kbps)
27-05-2006 17:33:02 133.2
27-05-2006 17:32:38 132
27-05-2006 17:32:13 0
27-05-2006 15:54:42 130.5
27-05-2006 15:54:20 127.3
27-05-2006 15:53:39 134.8
27-05-2006 15:53:17 130.2
27-05-2006 15:52:54 131
27-05-2006 15:52:32 129.3
27-05-2006 15:52:03 131.7

There ya go speed test from plusnet test centre server or what ever talk about milking a problem, yeah we know that there is a problem, delay tatics.
N/A

Just did another BT speed tester for the 8th time and the result was below, this is a joke i tell ya ajoke, am meant to be on the roll royce of connections IP Stream Office Max 20:1, there aint no up to 8 mb in sight, let alone half a meg.

3855 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

Your IP address is 217.3*.**.**, your browser is reported as being Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and is running on Windows XP.

BT would regard the speed ranges shown below as normal service:

For 250kbps End Users speeds between 50 - 250kbps. ME 133kps.
For 500kbps End Users speeds between 100 - 500kbps.
For 1000kbps End Users speeds between 200 - 1000kbps.
For 2000kbps End Users speeds between 400 - 2000kbps.

You may now disconnect from the speed test account (click 'disconnect' in your internet connection window) and if you wish to regain normal access to the internet please re-connect to your ISP using your usual username and password.

Please note that test results may vary according to varying traffic in the network. If you continue to experience slower throughput when logged in to your ISP, this may be due to a slow internet site or high traffic levels beyond the BT Wholesale Network. Please report this situation to your ISP's helpdesk.
Prod_Man
Grafter

Hi #nmcclurkin

I thought your account had been sorted....!

Like myself you were put onto MAX NOT MAX premium (yes?)

Mine has been corrected in that respect. (Thank you Plus Net)

BUT as you might have guessed on the second attempt the upload speeds changed but the down load speeds dropped back to 1900 Kbps. (or worse..)

Plus net have now badgered BT into sorting this out - some sort of "network" problem !!..... (which has taken some time ]--- + Many BT speed tests etc) Not sure of it is the same thing that is effecting many others. If it is the only way is to raise a ticket and do the speed tests so it can be proven to BT that there IS a problem!

This has just now been sorted out and I am (after some time) about to see how my account fares!!

I am sure that the rate adaptive nature of MAX is the cause of many of the reported problems, which was my concern from day one. Also the reason I chose an account type that had a low contention. With greater numbers of users contention can (contrary to what has been said on forums) and does now seem to cause greater reduction in throughput figures.

Have you been given the "new" vmbu? if so what does it say for your account name ..?

Then if you look at your account details what does it say there? Mine shows two completely different figures?

As to traffic management if you are within sensible levels it surely shouldn't be applied to this type of account?

I'm sure that the dropping of the bulk regrade tool means that BT must surely be looking hard into these events.

Hope you get sorted soon
N/A

Hi,

Plus.Net HomeWorker Pro 2Mb (Monthly Contract) - 68.41GB

Broadband phonecalls 70KB ?? never made any, dont even think i have this option?

Usenet 253.64KB
FTP (non PlusNet) 7.97MB - dont use this so i dont know where these figures came from??

There is things in that usage that i never even used am i on some one else's profile?Huh
JonathanW
Grafter

I've passed this through to the networks team for you, so that they can investigate what is going on with the traffic profile on your account.
N/A

Cheers Jon.

Just to note ( incase any further prodding is needed in terms of the messenger pigeon ).

The Problem ID on this one is

ID: 1217
N/A

Oh my,

Getting 127k download speed which i have tested on adslguide and tested on plusnet own test center servers back to the same old problem, has anyone any ideas why i keep getting stuck at 127k download speeds?
N/A

Just did a BT speeder test

"101 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second."

does that mean that my line has a fault? should i report it to BT?
N/A

Just did another test there to make sure and yes,

"127 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second. "

And that is direct from http://speedtester.bt.com

So what now?