cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Mail Delays

N/A

Incoming Mail Delays

Anyone else finding incoming mail slow? Currently we seem to have around a 2 hour delay in incoming mail.

Given the choices of a 10minute (plus) wait on the telephones, or 7+ hours for a ticket, I thought I would ask here

Service Status shows no problem.

Tony Brown
7 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Incoming Mail Delays

Can you post up a header from one of the delayed mails? This will tell us exactly where the delay occurred. We do have some disk problems that might be causing this but I am not currently aware of a problem with inbound email...

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Incoming Mail Delays

Hi,

Yes, I am also seeing long delays (~2 hours) in email delivery, but looking at the email headers of an affected email only shows a delay of 10mins?! I have just sent two test emails to try and get some useful header data, I will post the eddited higlight here when I gather them.

I am currently writting a spam/virus filter for Qmail (GPL project) and I have noticed that Worm.Sober.C1 variant has been pinging around the 'net like wild fire today. Maybe this is also having an impact?
Ianwild
Grafter

Incoming Mail Delays

Hiya,

I think this is more likely to be the problem we have with our disk cluster. If I can get some headers I can confirm this, but from what you said that sounds about right as the delay would be in the NFS writing of the mail to the disks rather than in the mail servers themselves.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Incoming Mail Delays

If the test emails arrive before I leave work I will post the headers here ;-)
N/A

Incoming Mail Delays

Ian,

I have PM'd you a header.

I am not getting emails when the thread is updated. Is this related

Tony Brown
Ianwild
Grafter

Incoming Mail Delays

Hi,

Yes, this is all related to the problem with the Disk Cluster. I am just about to update service status on this one...

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Incoming Mail Delays

I finally got the message saying the thread had been updated. Only took 2 hours to reach me.

Tony Brown