cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inadequate support - req for CS/Tech support attention.

N/A

Hello

2 tickets outstanding:

19934347 - 10 days and counting. The supplied modem appears to be causing line noise. Please note that this is not my ticket, but I'm assisting a friend (rockworth).

My ticket:
19992415 - 8 days and counting MAC code request. Was originally 19956119 but for some reason a new ticket was raised. I'm sure that makes sense to someone if not I.

I have attempted to ring tech support, but being advised of a "1 hour" waiting time, gave up after several attempt of 20 minutes+.

Dire. Absolutely dire.

Jak
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi Jak,

With the first one, can you please try unscrewing the face plate from your master socket and inserting a filter into the test socket. Then plug a phone and your modem into the filter and see if you continue to get the noise on the line?
James
Grafter

With regards to the second one, a request has been sent to gain an LLU MAC Key, allowing you to transfer to a different ISP.

Unfortunately these normally take a little bit longer to generate than normal ones.
N/A

Done.

Thanks James.

1) Replacing the modem with one of my spares removes the noise.
2) With all due respect, that should not be my problem. Plusnet decided to inflict LLU on us, and should have made sure that there was a way of backing out and tranferring out having effectively removed the decision from users. This could be seen as a way of locking users in, for commercial benefit.

Also, there was a 4 day delay before the reponse from Plusnet on the MAC ticket which cannot be blamed on LLU but on tech support not answering tickets in a timely manner. So 4 days lost to Plus, and 4 days on the MAC generation. The excuse does not wash I'm afraid.

Besides that, thanks again for your prompt reply - a very pleasant contrast,

Jak
N/A

"service"

I know it's bad form to reply to your own post, but I would welcome Plus Net's opinion on the following:

I still have no Mac after 15 days from initial request.

It's taken over 18 days to get a replacement modem requested raised internally. We eagerly await the arrival of the modem...

It took over an hour to get hold of tech support on the phone, to be asked questions already answered in the ticket.

I only rang tech support as a last resort, as the very belated response to the ticket was to use the faults website. There is no applicable option on the faults site for the noice issue. The agent did not know this. There are only 2 options on the first page. Not that hard to remember them, surely.