Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements to your broadband service

N/A

I got an email...

"From today you will be able to benefit from:

- A new product name. In order to streamline and simplify our product range your product is now called Plus.Net HomeWorker Pro - Up to 8Mb (Monthly Contract). There are no other changes to your product, you still get all the features that you have always enjoyed."

"If you do not want a free upgrade to faster 8Mb speeds and would prefer to remain on the standard 2Mb service, you can choose to downgrade with no charge by visiting the website - http://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html"

Now if i want to change my connection, i will look in to it and not "Down Grade" to what plusnet may think is the next best step, i think the best next thing is to "Step Across" to another product which would be better...

Example - Business Premier 2MB 20:1 for £41.11 with a plusnet contention of 10:1

Now that is what you should say to someone that is paying £65.99 a month, the suggestion to change to a Broadband plus or Broadband premier product is a joke.

the question is now, why am i paying £65.99 a month when i can get the same on Business Premier for £41.11 :?:

If plusnet want to streamline and simplify my account, then when didn't they match the price with Business Premier 2MB ?

Am wanting to see what speed i can get first of all, am just pointing out that if i was wanting to downgrade then broadband plus or premier wouldn't necessarily be a good move.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Now that is what you should say to someone that is paying £65.99 a month, the suggestion to change to a Broadband plus or Broadband premier product is a joke.

at what part of the email did it suggest to change to broadband plus or premier? I'm lost to what your point is.
N/A

click on the link. It takes you to the standard upgrade as per the member centre. Wink
N/A

Couldn't agree more, nmcclurkin

I received the same email except I'm on Teleworker 1mb 20:1 at £44.99 and the move is to 'up to 4mb'. I would be moved to 2mb 50:1 - the same as premier at £29.99!! I should be moved to business 2mb 20:1 until 4mb - which could be even years then given the option what I want to do. We're paying significant premiums here for top notch service and being effectively downgraded.
N/A

ah, my bad. I agree, that is retarded :/
N/A

If someone signs up with plusnet to get 2MB 20:1 with a free upgrade to 8MB they would have to go through this link...

http://www.plus.net/products/option.html?type=business&speed=2000&contract=Annual&hardware=HardwareO...

and pay £76.36.

Why is there no longer a cheaper package for 2MB with 20:1 with a free upgrade to 8MB when it comes available with out the business features :?:

They way am seeing it now is that the product am on now is the best 20:1 for a free upgrade to 8MB when it comes available, because plusnet no longer offer a product like the home worker pro for the price and features, and heres me hoping for a price reduction, so i get an email telling me that i might be able to get 8MB well i can say now that i wont be able to get 8MB.

So lets see if plusnet will email me when i can only connect/sync at 3.4MB and offer me the next best package since i would only be wasting money when i could be put on one of the business products like the business premier up to 4MB @ £58.74 with a 20:1, instead of emailing me a link to broadband premier Up to 4Mb @ £35.24 with a 50:1.