cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvement, at last!!!

N/A

Improvement, at last!!!

Hi,

I like to share the good and the bad news. Today, at least for me, it is good new: Today I have not had any disconnection. Rock solid!!!

4 weeks ago I was on LLU and 8Mbps. When I complaint about disconnections, I was moved from 8 to 1Mbps, from there to 4 Mbps, from 4 to 6Mbps and now I am on 4 Mbps.

I am quite happy, as I have a reliable connection.

However, I feel a bit bemused by some answer of PlusNet "Customer Support". (Mand Beckett) They are now swearing that 4 Mbps is my maximum speed. If I walk across the hallway and visit my neigbour (on LLU, on PlusNet), he is in the original 8Mbps that I had...

I guess that not even our favourite ISP can be perfect...
8 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Improvement, at last!!!

Well probably your neighbour's line has less or better made joins or takes the straight route rather than pretty route!

Every line is different no matter how close together they end up! Wink
N/A

Improvement, at last!!!

Yes, it is improving, tonight after the remote computer did not respond in a timely manner, I have only had to click 'redial' 5 times!!
That's an improvement to usual nights!
N/A

Improvement, at last!!!

I would certainly buy that explanation Wink But it does not explain the migration from 2MB to 8MB to 1MB to 4MB to 6MB to 4MB... :p
N/A

Improvement, at last!!!

Sounds like they have been changing the profile, i too went from 5 to 4 to 5 to 2 back to 5 and my connection has always been disconnecting.
Mand
Grafter

Improvement, at last!!!

I would certainly buy that explanation Wink But it does not explain the migration from 2MB to 8MB to 1MB to 4MB to 6MB to 4MB... :p

Hi there,

Apologies for not explaining better in the ticket. You are currently on the 8MB profile with interleaving applied. We can up this to the 8MB non-interleaved profile if you wish but this may affect stability. That said, in the ticket you say that you are not syncing at the full 8MB hence my original response.
Community Veteran

Improvement, at last!!!

I've had my profile changed about a lot as well.

Initially after unbundling all was fine (aside from the disconnects that everyone has); I synched at about 5-6mb with an snr of about 12db. After the service status asking everyone to raise a fault on the LLU disconnects issue I did that and a kind agent changed me down to 1mb. Dave Tomlinson kindly sorted this and put me back on the 8mb profile and I was synching around 6-7mb last night I checked my router and found I was synched at 2mb so again Dave sorted me out changing me up through the profiles 4mb high snr; then another one which increased my upload then the 8mb high interleave I'm currently synched at about 6.5mb with it raining outside...
thehatman
Grafter

Unanswer tickets - Mand

Could someone check out the tickets I have unanswered for days now.

And Mand - when will my refund be applied?

Thanks.
Mand
Grafter

Improvement, at last!!!

Hi

I've answered your current outstanding tickets for you.